Organic Echinacea Plus

Herbal Tea
Earth, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This is my second mug of this today, don't know how much it will help but I don't think it can hurt at this point. :P It sounds like the studies are mixed as to whether echinacea really does...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “When the Travelling Teabox was staying with me I grabbed a bunch of the miscellaneous teabags that looked interesting and this was one of them. I'm working my way through a bit of a cold and...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1527 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up TM's Cold Season sampler - this and Gypsy Cold Care were my favorites (over Throat Coat and Breathe Easy), in terms of flavor. This one is mild, minty, and slightly citrusy, as they...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes
  • “I've had a dry, tickly cough since last night. I am *determined* not to get sick! It's not happening! I swear by echinacea teas- I have three different blends of it. However, I only haul out the...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 240 tasting notes

From Traditional Medicinals

Organic Echinacea Plus activates and stimulates immune cells, helping you to reduce the duration of symptoms.

A fresh and mild mint flavor with a twist of citrus. You can taste a characteristic tingle on your tongue from the alkylamides in echinacea, which is one of the important indicators of herb quality.

About Traditional Medicinals View company

This is my second mug of this today, don’t know how much it will help but I don’t think it can hurt at this point. :P It sounds like the studies are mixed as to whether echinacea really does anything.

This is nice for an herbal tea, it contains spearmint and lemongrass so the overall effect is pretty minty/citrusy but not overwhelmingly so. I’m thinking it would be a good idea to drink this on a more regular basis during the cold season.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m working my way through a bit of a cold and while research on echinacea real effectiveness as a medicine has had mixed results, I figure it couldn’t hurt. I forgot to time the steeping so I have no idea how long I steeped it for exact that it was quite awhile. Still, it didn’t make the tisane bitter or medicine-y. It’s an interesting mix of mint, lemon and something generically herbal that work out to be quite pleasent.

Boiling
gmathis

For what it’s worth, we’re pretty big on herbal medicinals at our house … my (uneducated, un-medical) tip is to be a little hypochondriac and start popping the echinacea at the first sign of a hint of a tickle of the cruds. If you wait till you’ve got a full blown cold, the echinacea won’t do much good.

Finishing up TM’s Cold Season sampler – this and Gypsy Cold Care were my favorites (over Throat Coat and Breathe Easy), in terms of flavor. This one is mild, minty, and slightly citrusy, as they say. Or at least it was, until I spilled it all over myself and the couch. Argh!

To finish the comparison: this is most similar to Breathe Easy, but easier to get down (for me, not overly fond of herbals). BE is more strongly minty, but also more herb-y and bitter; if you want to taste your medicine, try that. I liked Gypsy slightly better for its cinnamon flavor (and Throat Coat less for its licorice flavor), but really any of them are solid all-purpose medicinal herbal teas.

gmathis

Have to keep this one in mind … I can’t stand licorice; had to throw away almost a full box of Yogi’s throat stuff for that reason.

teabird

Yeah, I’ll probably be looking to give away the rest of my box of Yogi’s throat tea soon :( I find TM’s Throat Coat slightly better (and they have a Lemon Echinacea variant that tastes better still) but unless my throat is in desperate condition I go for this one or the Gypsy Cold Care.

I’ve had a dry, tickly cough since last night. I am determined not to get sick! It’s not happening!

I swear by echinacea teas- I have three different blends of it. However, I only haul out the big guns (this pharmaceutical-grade Traditional Medicinal blend) when I feel that illness is eminent.

There’s a certain quality to echinacea that I love. It’s not floral, and it’s not nutty. I would say that it’s… earthy. It tastes like a really pleasant, natural medicine. This blend also tastes warm and buttery. It goes down really smoothly. I can’t say that I’m experiencing a tingling feeling on my tongue, like the box says, but I have no doubt that I’m drinking tea made with quality ingredients.

Traditional Medicinals has a way of perfectly balancing really really good taste and also honestly making you feel better. Hard to do with blends that are supposed to be medicinal. Celestial Seasonings has had to change the flavors of their Wellness Teas several times because of that.

Anyway, props to you, Traditional Medicinals. I hope this works, because I loathe being sick.

I don’t think I’ve blogged this or the reguar Echinacea from Traditional Medicinals before, but they’re actually one of my favourites!

Both of them definitely help sore throats when I get them, and when I feel a stuffy noise and dry, cling-y throat starting up? One of these with a good dollop of honey takes care of it. This is for minor stuff, of course, things that I doubt would blow into full-on infections or colds, but it’s still incredibly helpful when I’ve got a meeting to attend or late night finishing papers to get through. Between which one might be more effective… I honestly have no idea. The only difference I notice is the taste. The Plus definitely has more of a herbal, medicinal taste than the regular, and I find myself preferring a bit more honey in this, but other than that, sampling it over longer periods of time would be needed.

Boiling 8 min or more

Growing up this was the go-to cure for all colds and general unwell feelings. This tea has seen me through all of my illnesses and I swear by it.

An excellent product, that tastes wonderful. Its enjoyable even when you aren’t ill.

This is one tea that is always on hand.

I LOVE this tea. I drink it every morning for the fabulous taste and immune support.

I’m trying to ward off a cold with this tea. I’m on the last bag in the box! This is a pretty tasty ‘medicinal’ tea, of which I’ve had few that I’ve liked. However it’s too sweet for what I usually like to drink—so I drink it every now and then, or, if I’m coming down with something, taste buds are ignored and I drink half the box. Between this and miso soup for the rest of the day, I should be back on my feet in a couple of hours.

8 min or more

My favorite echinacea tea. I drink it even when I’m not sick because of the taste and to help boost my immune system.

I woke up Sunday (2 days ago) morning with my head aching, my sinuses COMPLETELY blocked, so much so that I could not breathe through my nose let alone taste or smell anything. My voice was hoarse and I felt achy and awful. “Ah here we go, this is gonna be really bad”. You know that feeling when your on the verge of getting REAL sick? Yep, that was me. Well, I headed out to the mall (I was determined to pick up some tea at Teavana’s and no stinkin sickness was stopping me..and it was the only morning I had without three small kids to care for so I HAD to go if I wanted to shop in peace. Well, I stopped in Shopper’s Drug Mart and saw this. I already use the daily detox tea by Traditional Medicinals and know they make quality stuff. I picked this up and hit up Teavana for some tea and headed home. I proceeded to drink 2 bag cups all day long. I probably drank 5 or 6 cups (16 oz mug brewed with 2 bags for about 10-15 minutes) Well I tell you it’s a bloody miracle!! I am SURE this stuff kicked my immune system into high gear and I dodged a major bullet! i am a tiny bit stuffed up but NOTHING like Sunday! I can breath through my nose and my taste and smell came back the day after power drinking this stuff. If you feel yourself getting sick BUY THIS AND DRINK LOTS RIGHT AWAY! It works, it really does! I highly recommend this tea and it saved me from having to deal with a 6,5 and 2 year old while horribly ill..in other words it saved me from hell on earth lol. This will be my go to tea when I feel a bug coming on. And it tastes ok too!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
aisling of tea

When I was little, my mother swore by Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat whenever I was sick and it worked beautifully. DavidsTea has an herbal named Bravissimo and it’s similar enough that when I’m sick or my throat is just sore, it soothes like nothing else!