White Tea Riesling

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by RogersCK

• “This tea smells SO GOOD. On the other hand (hurr hurr, literally?) I am not a fan of the packaging. Chipped my nail polish on three nails trying to get it open. It's okay because I need to...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “This is pinned as their "Light and Playful" tea. I will agree - it's on the lighter side of things...but I feel that's ideal for a white tea! As for playful...I suppose it is based on the...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “When I opened the canister, I could note the Riesling notes right away. It smelled very much like fruity, vibrant wine. It has that taste too. It's very light and crisp, but I can taste the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4219 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I can finally review this! For the longest time, Steepster kept sending me back to the dashboard whenever I tried to log this. So woo! This tea is fabulous. The flavors are balanced with...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 596 tasting notes

From Vintage TeaWorks

Inspired by
Riesling, we blended natural ingredients to create a white tea blend
 that is light, aromatic and playful. Honeysuckle, jasmine, apricot and
lemon combine to celebrate a few of the unique characteristics of
 Riesling. (1.5 oz. / 42.5g – about 15 cups)

About Riesling – Riesling is a high acid, light bodied, white wine that is often sweet on the palate, aromatic and expressive. Riesling’s aromas and flavors are often compared to orchard fruits like apple, peach, apricot and even the tropical-scented lychee or guava.

Tea and Food Pairings – Pair our White Tea Riesling with spicy dishes and cream sauces or sweeten with agave
 nectar or honey for a unique tasting experience.

Ingredients – White tea, lemon grass, apricot fruit, lemon myrtle, lilly flower petals, jasmine flower petals, natural flavorings.

About Vintage TeaWorks View company

This tea smells SO GOOD.

On the other hand (hurr hurr, literally?) I am not a fan of the packaging. Chipped my nail polish on three nails trying to get it open. It’s okay because I need to change it up but it was still sad.

Riesling is my favorite wine…at least if it’s on the dry side. Though if it’s a tea I don’t care!

This is very apricot with nice floral notes too. It seems actually really more flavorful then I was imagining it was going to be.

I’m glad this is a small amount because I’m not sure I like it too much, which pains me to say because this was pretty pricey for me compared to other teas I’ve bought lately, coming in at nearly a dollar a cup.

Maybe if I resteep it later, it will taste more like I was expecting. We shall see!

Second steep is very heavy on the lemongrass in that fruit loopy way. I may next time only steep the first cup for 2 minutes instead of the recommended 3.

LiberTEAS

LOL I love the packaging. But I didn’t use fingernails trying to get in to it. I cut the tape on the sides. :)

momo

I had to use my nails to get the lid to come off after the tape, hopefully now it’s easier to get open after that initial time.

LiberTEAS

Wow! I didn’t have that issue with the lids… sorry to hear that you did! :(

momo

It’s all good now! I made sure to try it after seeing your comment and I can just twist it off fine now with no problems.

Vintageteaworks

Sorry about that chipped nail. My wife was thoroughly upset on your behalf :-). Just wanted to let you know that we are actually working on a new and improved closure to be released next year. We hope you will give us another chance! – Brandon – Vintage TeaWorks

momo

Haha, I definitely will be trying more, the green tea sauvignon also calls for me!

Just MJ

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks that a tad too much lemon makes things taste like fruit loops. Or trix.

This is pinned as their “Light and Playful” tea. I will agree – it’s on the lighter side of things…but I feel that’s ideal for a white tea! As for playful…I suppose it is based on the ingredients!

This has a LOT of features and a LOT to bring to the table…or should I say…YOUR CUP!

Upon opening the tube I could smell airy and crisp Honeysuckle, Floral, Apricot, and Apple scents. These contents don’t shout – but don’t whisper, either.

The taste of this flavored white is FAB. I can taste the white tea base which is always a PLUS. It doesn’t get drowned out by the other flavors. They work nicely together. I can also taste lemon and Jasmine. The end-sip on to the after taste I found peach, lemon, and guava flavors coming into play!

AH HA!!!! Playful! I get it NOW! And I agree! Light AND Playful!

TeaEqualsBliss

As this cools…at room temp…I can now relate this flavor more to the Wine/Riesling – Neato!

When I opened the canister, I could note the Riesling notes right away. It smelled very much like fruity, vibrant wine. It has that taste too. It’s very light and crisp, but I can taste the Riesling inspiration behind the tea too. Very nice.

I taste the honeysuckle notes and I’m loving that, and I taste the notes of apricot as well as a hint of citrus. I taste the floral tones of jasmine.

A really lovely, wine-inspired tea.

This tea is fabulous. The flavors are balanced with the white base so I get both (which I really appreciate). And the fruity flavors are lovely! Apricot (and very much apricot and not peach) is in the forefront, but honeysuckle and jasmine also seep through. It’s a very bright combination of flavors, while still being mellow enough to remind me of drinking wine. I definitely get their ‘light and playful’ tag on this one though! In the aftertaste, there the apricot again and then a creamy lemony flavor.

I really like this one, but the price point is mildly offputting. Thanks so much for the chance to taste this, though, momo!

ifjuly

ooh, does it work now? that was bugging me too!

and i’m excited to hear that, because i have some of this i haven’t tried yet! whee.

Sweet, fruity (not overly). Lemongrass comes through pretty faithfully.

Steven

Which one of all 6 do you like best?

joshuasbones

Maybe the Merlot or the Souvignon.

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m totally diggin’ this company!

This comes to me courtesy of RogersCK. Thanks for sending me this pleasant and intriguing blend!

This is an orange brew that smells of green grapes. The taste really does remind me of white wine. Admittedly, I am by no means a wine connoisseur. Still, this tastes light, grapey, and almost sparkling. There’s a touch of sweetness during the sip and a gentle tartness at the end.

The apricot that everyone’s talking about comes out for me in the second steep. Juicy, with a more assertively tart finish than earlier. More lemon myrtle than lemon fruit. The third steep tastes about the same, only even juicier. Nom nom nom.

This is my first exposure to Vintage Tea Works. I’m impressed. I look forward to trying more of their teas in the future.

sipdown

steep 1: 167f, 3 mins 30 secs
steep 2: 182f, 5 mins
steep 3: 194f, 6 mins

I’m not often compelled to write about my tea drinking experiences, but I tried Vintage TeaWorks Riesling white tea for the first time tonight and it is uniquely amazing! I like lighter green and white teas and sweet wines and this was the perfect nod to both. I sweetened it with agave and though I try not to play favorites, this may have been the best cup of tea EVER! Love it!