Cream Caramel Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “So I received this as a free sample from Zen Tea Life, and I was pleased to try a new rooibos and also to compare it to DavidsTea's cream caramel rooibos. Dry, it smelled nice and caramelly, a good...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 918 tasting notes
  • “I think this is one you have to be very careful with when measuring out the leaf. You have to make sure you get enough caramel pieces and I think it does better with a little bit more leaf than...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 374 tasting notes
  • “This is a good dessert tea. An after dinner treat. It is sweet and caramel like, with just a tad bit of cream. The rooibos base is certainly apparent, but it isn't too woodsy.” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 812 tasting notes
  • “I was fully prepared to not be that impressed with this. Every tea company has a caramel cream rooibos. And I made a cup of this once before, and I think I only half finished it. But I wanted...” Read full tasting note
    rebeccalynn 57 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

This decadent dessert comes guilt free. An overwhelming favorite at the teashop and on cozy couches everywhere. Let us lead you into temptation.

About Zen Tea View company

So I received this as a free sample from Zen Tea Life, and I was pleased to try a new rooibos and also to compare it to DavidsTea’s cream caramel rooibos. Dry, it smelled nice and caramelly, a good start. I was wary of brewing it so long, but the package said 5+ minutes, so I did 7. The steeped smell is still caramel, but I used the wrong steeper haha and there are bits floating all in my tea, didn’t use the fine enough strainer. Ah well, they’ve settled at the bottom to not bother me :)

Wow, this is caramel. This is super sweet, I actually am surprised it’s so darn sweet! This flavor goes very good with the rooibos, the caramel is definitely the strongest, but the rooibos is an excellent base. When compared to Davids, I think this one is doing the caramel much better, it’s stronger and sweeter!

Overall, this is quite nice! Definitely sweet, definitely desserty! A nice before bed tea, especially when I’m craving sugar. Haha, I currently am having Tostitos though, which is kind of offsetting the sweetness, oops my bad! Anyways, this is a very tasty rooibos, and I might have to order a bit of this in the future!

I think this is one you have to be very careful with when measuring out the leaf. You have to make sure you get enough caramel pieces and I think it does better with a little bit more leaf than less. The first time I had it I underleafed it and it tasted of slightly sweet watery rooibos. This time I used 2tsp for about 11oz of water. It came out smelling like nutty skillet toffee. The rooibos is still there contributing a little dryness and a nutty woody note, but the flavour is of vanilla cream caramels. Pretty nice tonight.

This is a good dessert tea. An after dinner treat. It is sweet and caramel like, with just a tad bit of cream. The rooibos base is certainly apparent, but it isn’t too woodsy.

I was fully prepared to not be that impressed with this. Every tea company has a caramel cream rooibos. And I made a cup of this once before, and I think I only half finished it. But I wanted something to sip in the evening, and it wasn’t offensive, so I brewed up a cup. Dry scent was pleasant, but nothing that special. I decided to try and eat one of the caramel bits and it was kind of gross and fake tasting. So, anyway, to stop being negative, this turned awesome when brewed. For like, 10 minutes. Do it long, it won’t hurt. Also, I feel like my water hasn’t been hot enough in general, cause I don’t remember all the caramelly pieces melting like they did this time. It brewed up really dark and amazing smelling. So much richer than the dry leaf. Add a little sugar and…man, that’s good stuff. Like I’m actually eating caramel. Get on this, people!

Babble

I’ll have to keep my eye on this. Caramel rooibos teas are such a disappointment, usually. I usually just let my rooibos sit and steep for a while..

What did I do wrong? This smells lovely out of the package, and I steeped it for 6 minutes (plus all the floaties that my strainer missed). All I get is faint caramel notes, and little else. It’s a basic rooibos. Another cup and I added some Truvia, and sipped it cool… okay, it’s a bit sweeter now, and the caramel is lingering at the back of my mouth. I still don’t get it, this is just meh, at best.

Used all of my 10g to make this pot, and I doubt I’ll buy it again – unless someone can convince me I’ve done something horribly wrong here.

Eh, nothing really special. The caramel isn’t strong enough to hide the woodsy Rooibos flavor, which I don’t mind anyway. Just wouldn’t buy. But thanks for the sample, Mandy! (:

Mandy

Yeah, the caramel isnt the strongest in that one. I add a touch of milk and sweetener to draw it out more.

Ost

Aha yeah I’ll never know since I never sweeten xD

This smells incredible, sweet and buttery and creamy. I want to dive in.
This is nice sweet, creamy rooibos. And the little caramel squares are such a cute touch. The creamy caramel takes front stage while the woody rooibos supports the caramel in a way that reminds me even more of browned caramel.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve not had this tea hot but lately, as I try to reduce my caffeine consumption, I’ve been drinking this rooibos iced quite often. Very sweet as is so I’ve not needed to add sugar. Makes a nice cold beverage on these summer days. I’m not a real fan of the rooibos taste but in this particular tea, the rooibos flavor is minimized by the sweet buttery caramel flavor.

Iced

I usually don’t enjoy “dessert” teas, but the second steep of my first brew of this was wonderful and I LOVED it. It really tasted creamy and caramelly (if that’s a word). My taste buds were so happy and craving more of that sweet stuff. Subsequent steeps have not been as successful. Directions say 5 minutes, but perhaps longer is the answer? I’m not sure. (It’s 70/30 that I would order more of this.)