Genmaicha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “So this tea re-steeps better than I expected it to! Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as the flavor is so strong. STILL DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAS!” Read full tasting note
    starberry 176 tasting notes
  • “I had a sudden craving for Genmaicha, so I went digging through my samples until I came out with this. I love the samples Zen Tea throws in when you place an order, and I really love that they're...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 463 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Zen Tea for this sample! I've recently discovered that I absolutely love genmaicha. I have tried quite a few different ones so far and this definitely ranks high among those. Its very...” Read full tasting note
    Jes 31 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the teas I got as a sample from Zen Teas. I'll start off by saying I love genmaicha teas, but this one, to me, was special. It has the trademark roasted, toasty, savory flavor that...” Read full tasting note
    Littles 7 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Zen tea imports its Japanese green teas directly from Uji in Kyoto. Known for its cultural heritage, it is the birthplace of Japanese tea. Uji tea is harvested and packaged directly at the tea plantations to preserve the flavour and freshness of the tea.
Genmaicha is a mellow blend of roasted and puffed brown rice grains and Sencha that has been well-loved by green tea fans in Japan for centuries.Due to the rice, this tea has the rich and hearty flavor of roasted grains or coffee but the freshness Sencha. It is very well balanced and flavored.
In many cases Genmaicha is made from a mix of puffed rice and low grade Sencha, low grade Nibancha (tea from the second harvest of the year) or Sanbancha (tea from the third harvest of the year). Our Genmaicha is made from only Ichibancha (tea from the first harvest of the year) and is available at a reasonable price. So we are certain that its taste and aroma is much more flavorful and smooth than any other Genmaicha.

Price: $9 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

So this tea re-steeps better than I expected it to! Though I guess I shouldn’t be surprised seeing as the flavor is so strong. STILL DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAS!

I had a sudden craving for Genmaicha, so I went digging through my samples until I came out with this. I love the samples Zen Tea throws in when you place an order, and I really love that they’re in foil lined pouches. It makes it easy to tuck them away until I can fully enjoy them.

This is a very good Genmaicha. The savory toasted rice flavor is wonderfully strong. The green tea gives a grssy note and a sweet finish to the sip. The tea also resteeps very well. My second steep gave me a cup that had less of a toasted rice flavor, but the toastiness and the grassy notes from the green tea seemed to blend much more. Even though both steeps were good I enjoyed the second one even more than the first.

Genmaicha is something I only drink on occasion, but when I want it I really really want it! I’ll put the rest of my sample away to be enjoyed the next time a craving strikes.

Thanks Zen Tea for this sample!
I’ve recently discovered that I absolutely love genmaicha. I have tried quite a few different ones so far and this definitely ranks high among those. Its very toasty with a little bit of a sweet note at the end. A very solid genmaicha.

This is one of the teas I got as a sample from Zen Teas. I’ll start off by saying I love genmaicha teas, but this one, to me, was special. It has the trademark roasted, toasty, savory flavor that other genmaichas I’ve had possess, but it also had a wonderful grassy, sweet aftertaste from the green tea. It was a totally unexpected flavor that I was pleasantly surprised with.

As far as genmaicha goes, this one is my top pick. I’m very likely to be adding this to my cupboard in the near future.

hum. how could my three minute steep have been too long for this? it has a truly bitter twang =0(

tiny bit of my sample left, i’ll have to try again. as it stands right now though i have a harsh green kick with a side of nicely roasted rice. humph!

I woke up because I thought I heard a baby crying last night. But with the oddest stops in the sound. Turns out the cat wanted attention.

My friend was over yesterday and I let her choose the tea. She selected this one. This genmaicha is mostly short skinny leaves and very tiny brown rice kernels. They look like broken rice, but brown/toasted, that’s how small it is, but once brewed the kernels puff to a normal rice size.

The first and second brew liquors were extremely green. The third brew not as much. The smell starts out very creamy and floral smelling with a creamy green flavor, the second brew was more green smell and taste and the third was more roasty smell and taste.

The only thing that annoys me about this one is that the brew temp is extremely low comparatively.