drank 2018 Arbor Red by white2tea

Many other sun-dried black teas seem to develop medicinal and leathery notes as they age. This one clearly had those from the get go, and now it seems to be moving in the fruity direction. It has retained the fruity notes from before, such as the citrus and tropical fruits, but now we also get cherry and nectarines. Overall, the tea hasn’t lost its edge, it is just sweeter all across the board. The honey sweetness becomes especially apparent in the aftertaste. In some sense, it tastes a bit like a lighter fermented and aged ripe pu’er in relative terms now, although still very much a black tea of course. In any case it is still one of the favourite black teas of mine without a doubt.

Flavors: Alcohol, Cherry, Citrus, Creamy, Fruity, Honey, Nectar, Oak, Pleasantly Sour, Stonefruit, Sweet, Thick, Tropical

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 80 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia