Is this the same as that? https://kingteamall.com/collections/2014-dayi/products/2014-dayi-pu-er-yuan-origin-of-puerh-cake-357g-puerh-sheng-cha-raw-tea

I don’t know. I didn’t save the original image to my computer for uploading when I created this page. Instead, I linked the image and the link is now broken.

If this is that, then what. the. fuck. Over $1k USD for a 357g cake? I would have never bought a sample of something so expensive. Speculation is a bitch, I guess.

Because this is pretty boring. It’s balanced I guess. Rich aroma, fluffy sweetness disappears quickly as bitterness flows through but this is about as shallow as my appreciation for pop country music. Decent body. The returning sweetness is kind of sickly, like sad, not like licorice sickly sweetness. Hint of camphor, body warmth.

Idk about you, Dayi.

Sorry for cursing but I’m sincerely dumbfounded. It is developing aging flavor but is still kind of boring. Maybe I appreciate teas differently than the targeted market? I have a difficult times seeing this transform into something ‘worth’ well over 1k by the time it’s 15+ years old.

Edit: Since I started off with a Dayi tea, I’ll sample through all my Dayi/Menghai sheng.

Martin Bednář

I would rather buy something more useful than tea if I had to pay over 1k USD. That’s shitload of money.

tea-sipper

Yowzas – if it’s the same, then it CERTAINLY should have had better flavor.

Mastress Alita

TBF, someone could serve me a $1k pu’erh and I’d still think it tasted like dirt, swamp water, or acrid bitter vegetables.

Yeah, it ain’t gonna taste like gold even at that price! haha

J-P

I find my stuff from 2014 to still be in the ageing zone. In 2020, I’m mostly drinking sheng from 2004 to 2008 and that’s developing more complexity. It can definitely be hit or miss with pu. The prices get silly quick.

Natethesnake

For every Dayi tea I’ve tried, I was able to name a tea that was twice as good for half the money…at least

Comments

Martin Bednář

tea-sipper

Yowzas – if it’s the same, then it CERTAINLY should have had better flavor.

Mastress Alita