drank Kiwi Fukuyu by Dammann Freres

Interesting, and very good. I’m wondering if the sodium level in our tap water has increased because many of my teas have been tasting salty lately.

I couldn’t figure out what the heck I was tasting and smelling. I’m still not sure. There was a popcorn shop called What’s Poppin’ in the indoor strip mall in my hometown. This was like 25 years ago. Is it still there? There was a flavor called Tutti Frutti. That is this, tucked away in a tiny $2 sample bag in my quarter-century memory vessel.

In reality, Kiwi Fukuyu probably doesn’t taste anything like Tutti Frutti popcorn, but the light butter aftertaste only reinforces this notion. The sencha is very dark green. It’s very grassy-vegetal. It’s thick, it’s clean and mouthwatering, good astringency and bitterness, salty. Fruity of course. Kiwifruit? notsomuch. Candykiwiflavoring? yzyzyz. It all works quite well, the flavoring is in great balance with the tea flavor. Next time I go back to Ohio, I know what I have to do.

Like all DF I’ve steeped twice, this too is worthy of a second infusion.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Candy, Fruity, Grass, Popcorn, Salty, Smooth, Thick, Tropical, Vegetal

Cameron B.

Yum, I’ve been curious about this one so glad to see a favorable review!

derk

It seems like something you’d enjoy. I’d like to see your interpretation :)