New Tasting Notes
When I first bought this it was overwhelmingly floral. I made very small cups!
I miss the RC from Tea Emporium. One of the few they did exceptionally well.
Now that I’ve had it a few years, the floral is quite nice. Faded isn’t always bad!
Today I infused it three times in a small tea cup and combined the three into a large mug. Very nice. Smooth and just overall pleasant. I always get lost in the cup and forget to take more specific notes other than to say this is a basic Chinese black base with some mild background cocoa notes and maybe sugarcane. The rose is very perfume like.
Fresh, this would have gotten a lower rating. About 65-70. Aged? much better. One of those that I procrastinate due to my memory of how it once was, and then I remember, it’s loads better now! and never regret my cuppa. I could have sworn this was in my cupboard here on steepster…. but nope, I just added it to the database today.
I really wasn’t expecting much from this tea with the lack of reviews both here and on two leaves and a bud’s website but here i am leaving a good review. Maybe my taste buds are just fried today but when really hot it doesn’t seem to have a flavor but once it cools off a bit it is really nice.
Not the best Bai Mu Dan I have tasted. It is 85% brown leaves 15% green, with a few silver needles.
The taste is soft and creamy but not a lot of depth for “Supreme”.
Still an enjoyable white tea, but far from top grade.
Flavors: Cream, Floral
This is my first experience with Da Hong Pao and I thought the taste profile of this tea was good but didn’t amaze me. I enjoyed 3 steeps out of this tea.
Notes: smoky, sweet, mineral, cinnamon and yeast fla flavor notes
Flavors: Cinnamon, Mineral, Smoke, Sweet, Yeast
Thank you so much Nicole!
I need to brew this again because I did not like it as much as I thought I would. This tea was thick, buttery and savory throughout with a grassy edge that I did not like. The first steep was like buttered corn followed by a rise of florals from the honeysuckle, but the honeysuckle did not have so much honey. Second steep tasted like popcorn butter. I got three more cups that were much the same fluxes of butter and florals. Maybe I’ll be better next time.
Got this as a 50g frequent steeper award. It comes in a HUGE bag. I do like it, it’s very honey heavy. Reading the ingredients now I did notice the stevia extract while drinking it but figured it was the artificial honey flavouring I was tasting. The bag will last a long time and I don’t plan on buying more when it runs out. Probably the prettiest loose tea I’ve ever seen though!
This one is sooo good! Chocolatey, coconutty, creamy. I like black teas with and without milk, but I can’t imagine this one without. I tried it with some “old fashioned” chocolate milk that was 3.25% MF (basically melted milkshake boiiiiii) and fuuuuuuck meee dude. Excellent afternoon treat. I got a 100g tin at the beginning of the month and it’s almost gone.
Received my portion of the Dammann Freres group order on national popcorn day. Luckily I had the perfect tea to celebrate with! http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/02/21/pop-corn-from-dammann-freres/
Woke up with a cold and sore throat on the weekend so I decided to try this one finally. I really don’t like ginger but I didn’t mind this one. It soothed my throat quite well! Although the last two mouthfuls of each mug were extremely gingery, I still enjoyed the rest. I got three decent steeps out of 1 PS in a 16oz mug.