#adventageddon Day One – 3/5

Another #adventageddon tea; Lao Shan Badger from Tea Bento!! I did a lot of research on different tea advent calendars this year because I REALLY wanted to include a straight tea/traditional tea advent and I had all but given up on including one when I saw Tea Bento announce they were doing one!! I’ve ordered from them previously, though years back (still have some of the teas though) and in general I’m really enjoyed their tea selections; the quality is great and there’s an awesome balance of standard offerings and unique and fun things! I’m really glad I included it; I may not gongfu their tea every day but I’m really glad I have that option!

This was an incredibly delicious black tea – the dry leaf aroma is intense and fragrant; very rich and chocolate heavy with nutty undertones. The tea steeps up full bodied and sweet, with dense coating notes of milk chocolate, caramelized sugar, raisins, brandy, peanut brittle, malt, and wood!! Despite the sweetness, it’s well balanced and the finish leaves me salivating waiting for the next steep!!

Eight infusions total!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5iidEWA2wE/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fTsWU6ME-4

Whaaaaaaaaat. Well fml. I did not see that they were doing one.would have gotten one for sure

Roswell Strange

I think they only posted about in on Instagram!? I completely stumbled upon it – but I’m happy I did!

Well that sucks.

Well that sucks.

Jlvintagelove

darn I dont think they are still selling it. Or I cant find it on the website

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA