Eggnog Yunan

Cinnamon Chips, Marigold Petals, Nutmeg, Organic Flavours, Yunnan Black Tea
Cinnamon, Creamy, Nutmeg, Eggnog, Fruity, Sweet, Spices
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by khamilton611

• “Cold Brew Sipdown (132)! Thank you VariaTEA for the sample! I actually was surprised by just how much I really, genuinely liked this one. I finished the 25 oz. of it I had cold brewed in maybe five...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (104) I just can’t get this to work for me. Though I do get more cinnamon/nutmeg flavor as it cools, I just find it leaves me wanting more. I am passing the rest of my sample along and...” Read full tasting note
  • “My book cup today. Finally getting around to reading Alcott’s ‘Little Men’. The tea has a scent of spices. Mostly cinnamon and nutmeg. There is a creamy, spice flavour. Might not have brewed it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Time for another 52teas oldie. I love a good Yunnan black tea so I couldn’t pass this up. The dry leaf aroma is cinnamon. The beginning of the sip is somewhat dark and woodsy like a high quality...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Organic Royal Golden Yunan infused with organic eggnog flavors, cinnamon chips, marigold petals and a touch of nutmeg. This long, tippy-leafed Yunan steeps a smooth cup with rich aroma and superb taste. The hints of creamy eggnog and spices just makes it an extra special treat.

About 52teas View company

Cold Brew Sipdown (132)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample! I actually was surprised by just how much I really, genuinely liked this one. I finished the 25 oz. of it I had cold brewed in maybe five minutes? I mean, essentially I was just chugging. I don’t know if I’ve felt that passionate about a cold brewed tea all month, honestly. Like, I’ve drank some good things this month but that was shockingly super delightful and smooth.

First things first, I have to say that I was worried this would have far too much cinnamon and it’d taste drying. Like a tea version of the cinnamon challenge. I mean, that’s certainly the impression I got from the dry smell. However, both the cinnamon and the nutmeg were wonderful. In fact, I definitely tasted a lot more nutmeg than cinnamon. As well, I definitely got that sweet, eggy note that is obviously intended to be eggnog. Actually, though, in combination with the cinnamon and nutmeg and then sweet cocoa and malt notes from the base I have to say that while I 100% see where the “Eggnog” is coming from I’m reminded a lot more of French Toast. In fact, in many ways this reminds me of Liquid Proust’s French Toast Dianhong but with much more nutmeg and less vanilla/cream. I don’t know if you can call that a criticism, but if you can it’s probably my only one. I found this super, super enjoyable overall.

VariaTEA

Glad you enjoyed it as much as you did

Indigobloom

I’ve tried a few eggnog teas, and none have hit the nail on the head quite right. Maybe one day! :)

Sipdown (104)

I just can’t get this to work for me. Though I do get more cinnamon/nutmeg flavor as it cools, I just find it leaves me wanting more. I am passing the rest of my sample along and hopefully the recipient will have more success than I have had.

My book cup today. Finally getting around to reading Alcott’s ‘Little Men’. The tea has a scent of spices. Mostly cinnamon and nutmeg. There is a creamy, spice flavour. Might not have brewed it warm enough, but still good. Will trying with almond milk next time.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Creamy, Nutmeg

Veronica

Ooh, I love ‘Little Men’! In fact, I’ve always preferred it over ‘Little Women’. The boys stole my heart.

Lariel of Lórien

So far, I like ‘Little Women’ more. But this is a good book too.

Time for another 52teas oldie. I love a good Yunnan black tea so I couldn’t pass this up. The dry leaf aroma is cinnamon. The beginning of the sip is somewhat dark and woodsy like a high quality Yunnan. But unfortunately that fades rather quickly and I’m left with a slightly floral, marigold petal flavor. I don’t think I’ve ever had eggnog so I can’t identify similarities or differences.

Overall, this is much calmer and less flavorful than I was expecting. The cinnamon is quite light and doesn’t contribute much spiciness to the cup. There is a little bit of creaminess. There’s no bitterness and I don’t feel the need to add sweetener or milk. A small amount of astringency is apparent but nothing off-putting. That’s about it. Not a nuanced cuppa but nothing offensive going on either. It’s just rather boring.

So far, this is the tea I’m most impressed with. A more solid base than the others, edging on peppery (I believe that’s how one of the other reviewers put it, and it seems fitting), combined with a bit of cinnamon, a good dose of nutmeg, and not enough creaminess for me. I’m also almost picking up a hint of smoke? Either way, I am enjoying this (even though it’s not entirely the right season in which to be drinking eggnog!)

Got a sample of this from Amanda ‘SoggyEnderman’ Wilson. Haven’t really been a huge fan of 52Teas to be honest. Most of them aren’t great on my taste buds. But I found myself a bit tempted to pick this one up when they first released it, but I refrained.
So I’m glad to have gotten a sample of it!
Sadly, like most of the 52Teas teas, this one didn’t really live up to the name for me.
Really all I tasted was nutmeg and cinnamon. Which are flavors in eggnog, but…it didn’t have that thick creaminess to it that I like teas that are supposed to taste like eggnog. So yeah, kinda bummed out by this one! It wasn’t bad, but didn’t remind me of eggnog either. :( Thanks for letting me try it though, Amanda ‘SoggyEnderman’ Wilson (:

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nutmeg

Agree with previous posters… The tea base overwhelms the other flavors until the cup cools considerably. Tastes moste like eggnog when cold.

I HAD to buy this one when 52Teas had the last sale. It was a good sale… didn’t buy much! This blend had been calling to me for a while. I wasn’t sure what to expect, since there wasn’t a picture of the actual Yunnan on the tea. I thought it might be one of the 100% golden yunnans. I kind of would have liked that better with the flavor profile this one was going for, but it is in fact a Yunnan that has a lot of black to the leaves. I think a Golden Yunnan would have worked better, but a Yunnan in general is the next best thing for an eggnog tea. I see plenty of nutmeg, cinnamon, and yellow flowers in the blend. After around a one minute steep, it does actually taste as much like eggnog as a tea can. I really just love the spices in eggnog anyway. There is a faint nutmeg and cinnamon flavor to go with the smooth black tea. The Yunnan has a bit of a peppery note. Somehow the flavor isn’t as chocolatey as I expect Yunnans to be. The brew is very dark. The second steep is just as flavorful. Of course it doesn’t really have the eggy aspect, but I don’t want it to. Meets my expectations!
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // 10 minutes after boiling // 1 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min steep

Haveteawilltravel

Eggnog tea…. interesting :)

Pick number 7. This one had a creamy scent to the dry leaves. I accidentally over-brewed this one(for a total of about 12 minutes, oops). Brewed it still had that creamy smell but was mostly just a rich tea. I tried a few sips of this without adding stevia, all I could taste was a strong but delicious tea. After adding stevia I thought it was pretty good, creamy and sweet. Then I forgot I had it sitting in my cup(oops again), this turned out to be a pleasant surprise as this tea was quite good cool. Next time I will try brewing it for the proper amount of time.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I am impressed. This smells like eggnog, and I can definitely taste the eggnog in this too. The base tea has a bit of a fruity note, which seems a touch out of place, but this is creamy and spiced, with a distinctive nutmeg flavour. All in all a really tasty cup, and one I will have to try as a latte, once I have a new thing of milk.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Creamy, Eggnog, Fruity, Nutmeg, Sweet

AllanK

How do you go about making a latte anyway?

Anlina

The way I usually do it with steeped tea is to make about 6oz of tea with twice the leaf I would use for an 8oz cup. Warm up 6-8oz of milk in the microwave. Add a teaspoon of sugar, put all of it into a blender cup and blend till it’s frothy. I have one of those magic bullet blenders, so I make it and drink it right out of the blender cup. Pretty quick and simple.