Chocolate Rose Truffle

Black Teas, Cacao, Chocolate Chips, Natural Flavours, Organic Black Tea, Organic Cacao Nibs, Rose Petals, White Chocolate Chips
Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Rose, Smooth, Sweet, Chocolate, Creamy, White Chocolate, Cactus Flowers, Floral, Milk
High
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Magycmyste

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for February 1, 2016!

VALENTINE’S SPECIAL!

This tea is my new and improved ‘Chocolate Rose Romance’ – one of my best sellers from my LiberTEAS days. Yeah, I loved my Chocolate Rose Romance. But I like this even better!

The base of the tea is a blend of four black teas: two teas from Verdant Tea, a rich, malty Assam and a rose Congou. To that I added chocolate flavoring, cacao shells & nibs, mini vegan chocolate chips and vegan white chocolate chips. The result is a very chocolate-y tea with just a hint of rose that’s a perfectly romantic tea to give to that special someone this Valentine’s Day – or any day of the year that you want to tell someone you care!

This special Valentine’s offer is 2 ounces of tea in a reusable tin and gift boxed.

ingredients: black teas, organic black teas. rose petals*, cacao shells, cacao nibs*, mini vegan chocolate chips, vegan white chocolate chips and natural flavors*. *denotes organic

About 52teas View company

May Flowers! This tea came from from the last Here’s Hoping Teabox, so many thanks to the individual that shared this tea in the box and tea-sipper for organizing the box!

The leaf has a very nice chocolately scent, and there is still an ample amount of chocolate and white chocolate chips and rose petals in the leaf. The steeped cup smells very much like hot cocoa! The flavor of this tea is absolutely lovely! I was worried it would have lost a bit of steam due to age, but the tea is extremely smooth, has no bitterness or astringency, and still has a very strong chocolate taste, that actually does remind me of a soft, dark truffle. The rose is a more subtle flavor, but does come out as a floral sweetness right toward the end of the sip.

Simply lovely; I’d love to see this one get a retro reblend sometime!

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Rose, Smooth, Sweet

I sipped this one yesterday and had a sipdown of Bluebird’s Love Potion today! This one is from my 52Teas grabbag from a while ago. It MUST be chocolately because I spied so many chocolate chips in my infuser! There are also cocoa shells to back them up. The result is quite the cocoa cup, with surprisingly, hints of rose here and there. Usually rose doesn’t make an appearance flavor wise in any tea, so it was nice to find it here. Though that may be more because of the rose Congou base tea and not the rose petals themselves. This is a lovely blend, though I should try evening out the tea leaves to chocolate chips ratio next time I steep this up. I love the idea that there are four base teas… I just wish I could taste them more. Happy Valentine’s everyone!
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons // few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

Flavors: Chocolate, Rose

Yup. This is good. Nommmmmms.
Similar in flavour chocolate wise to the 52teas Chocolate eclaire tea, which I also adore.
The floral aspect isn’t strong, but softens up the tea somehow. Nicely done!!
I love how gorgeous the rosepetals are. Is this tea… or potpourri?
I’m not a huge rose tea fan so the fact that I like this is really saying something

This tea is a people-pleaser! It’s got everything: sweetness, creaminess, rose petals (pretty), chocolate! It’s a solid, tasty staple.
If you were ever in a situation where you weren’t sure if someone was a person or an alien, you could give them this tea. The humans would enjoy it.
The aliens would be like “I’m actually not acclimated to any of the microbes or viruses of this planet, and that’s catching up to me. Can I sit down?”
Sure you can, aliens. IN YOUR GRAVE.
This review got out of hand; but I recommend the tea for my sweet-toothed friends.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Rose, White Chocolate

Fjellrev

Sounds like a fantastic flavour combination!

ooooh this is delicious! I love the dried rose with the dark chocolate. The cocoa flavour is authentic and tastes amazing with the floral.

It smells and tastes like cocoa that has a little bit of bitterness that raw cocoa has, but at the same time is sweet from the creamy white chocolate. The rose is a really nice and not sour.

Flavors: Cactus Flowers, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Floral, Milk, Rose, Sweet, White Chocolate

Super Starling!

I just received this in the mail this morning and am extra excited to try it now.

Arby

It is very, very good! I recommend you try it immediately.

Ok, this is one of the most perfect cups of teas I’ve had. I made this yesterday, but ended up steeping it three times. Rather than have the chocolate filtered, I plucked the chips out of the filter and put them straight in my cup.

The recommendations suggest a heaping teaspoon per 12 oz. I had about 10 oz of water, so left off the “heaping.”

I think because the chocolate chips were in the bottom on my cup, the sweetness was a little more concentrated towards the bottom of the cup. Most of the cup was subtly sweet and beautifully floral. Then, as I got to the bottom of the cup, the sweetness gets a bit stronger, but still beautiful. One of the best cups of comfort I’ve had in awhile.

One the second and third steep, I increased the steeping time to 3 and 4 minutes, respectively.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Rose, White Chocolate