Rooibos Tea
Alcohol, Anise, Cherry
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 oz / 354 ml

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: sweet almond, burnt orange peel, armagnac, anise, dried cherry
Feels Like: rustic liqueur on a languid night

A sip of aged brandy and gâteau basque in the glow of a terracotta sunset. Notes of breezy orange blossom and amaretto evolve to burnt orange peel and sweet almonds, and are finally rounded by muddled cherries. Indian summer nights invite slowness.
Ingredients: rooibos, anise, almond, lemon peel, orange blossom, star anise, flavoring

About August Uncommon Tea View company

This one’s dynamite when we’re talking about flavour intensity. So heavy on the cherry almond booze. I’d say it’s more cherry than almond, and that booziness truly elevates the other flavours. I haven’t had Armagnac before, but I can see the brandy -esque warmth here. The good news is that these notes are so strong that they cover up the rooibos base for the most part. Would I get more? No, but I wouldn’t have minded having a 50g portion rather than this 14g sample. 100g simply seems like too much.

Thank you, Sil! omg.

This smells like star anise and booze. Seriously. The star anise and a dried/candy cherry note, the kind of cherry you would have in frangipane, dominates. This is, IMO, not an amaretto tea. The flavour profile is armagnac, and I’m getting a boozey anise-cherry interestingness. Not really any almonds, though there are almond slices in the dried leaf.

And it honestly tastes just like that. Anise. Booze. Cherry. Rooibos. It’s weirdly appealing, although I’m not sure I’d ever want to drink this often. I’m super curious about icing this now, but I used what was left for this mug. :D As an iced cocktail, this would be fantastic. As a hot tea, it is a little weird.

As it cools, my tongue is numb with the star anise.

I don’t know. I’m not sure I like this. I’m really glad I got to try it, though. It’s a super interesting flavour combination.

Flavors: Alcohol, Anise, Cherry

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

lol weirdo

OMGsrsly

I think this smells super good but I don’t want to drink it unless it’s a real boozy cocktail.

well you SOUNDED drunk :P

OMGsrsly

Sadly there was no booze involved. :(

This was a tea from August Uncommon that i wasn’t certain about. I don’t mind anise, but i don’t LOVE it – it always depends on how it’s used. Everything else about this tea was something i thought i’d like. Once brewed, this IS a delicious tea, though i’d probably subtract the anise. It’s not overpowering and doesn’t have that sickeningly sweet taste to the brew, but it’s there enough that it takes away a little from the amaretto and orange. I do like the rooibos used in this blend – it’s not that harsh woody rooibos that i really don’t like. overall, another good blend from AU, though i’d love it more sans anise. :)