Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Black Tea, Blackcurrant, Natural Flavours, Peppermint, Sugar Sprinkles
Berries, Black Currant, Peppermint, Tart
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 10 oz / 300 ml

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Okay, lazy person here again. I took 1 teaspoon and – grandpa. Dry leaf smells strongly peppermint with little (but noticable) blackcurrant. When brewed, it turns blue-green colour. Yep, again...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

All of the best galactic adventures are fuelled by tea… everyone knows that! This new brew is truly out of this world: brewing bright green, with sparkling golden nuggets & the mindblowing (if not slightly alien) combination of blackcurrant & peppermint!

Top Brewing Tip: Try this blend cold-brewed in lemonade with fresh mint for a refreshing iced tea OR steep hot to bring out the blackcurrant!
dIngredients

Sri Lankan black tea, sprinkles (sugar, glazing agent (carnauba wax), stabilisers (gum arabic), colours (e100 curcumin, e163 anthocyanins, e171 titanium dioxide), anticaking agent (potassium aluminium silicate)), peppermint, blue pea flowers, freeze-dried blackcurrant, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Okay, lazy person here again.
I took 1 teaspoon and – grandpa.

Dry leaf smells strongly peppermint with little (but noticable) blackcurrant. When brewed, it turns blue-green colour. Yep, again they have added blue pea.

The brew was very minty in aroma, but blackcurrant tartness was certainly there. When sipped, it was refreshing and fruity. Berry fruity. I had even one whole black currant berry there, so I crushed it with spoon and that was value adding! It was really fruity with minty freshness.

I thought about adding a tea spoon of sugar, but I did not. The berry added exactly what was needed there I think. Some fresh fruit taste.

In conclusion, it was bit weird – but rather surprising. I expected some combination which I could not drink, but in fact, it is very tasty. Nice refreshing drink for summer.

Flavors: Berries, Black Currant, Peppermint, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML
tea-sipper

It’s good to hear this weird combination of flavors is surprisingly tasty — but Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters should be much much weirder. I asked about funny books in another tasting note, and The Hitchhiker’s Guide is one of the funniest.

Martin Bednář

IMHO, black tea with sprinkles, black currant and mint sounds really crazy.