Tea
Alcohol, Chocolate, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

• “March 2020 subscription. Artificial aroma, full of chocolate; alcohol liquor of the dry blend. Brewed 4 grams / 96 °C water / almost 4 minutes. Not only the brew was weak. It was kind of strange in...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got this in my March subscription from Bird and Blend. This is honestly not a tea I would’ve purchased, because chocolate teas are just a bit too hit or miss for me, and there didn’t seem to be...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

March 2020 subscription.

Artificial aroma, full of chocolate; alcohol liquor of the dry blend.

Brewed 4 grams / 96 °C water / almost 4 minutes.

Not only the brew was weak. It was kind of strange in taste as well. It reminded me mostly Milka milk chocolate which I am not fan of. Then some vanilla notes and… again some alcohol. Sherry maybe? It wasn’t that bad as I was afraid reading Amada’s tasting note, but… it wasn’t that enjoyable as I have hoped. Now the pouch is really strongly alcohol like when I smelled it. Brew was really sweet for me as well.

I don’t know, I never had a cream egg. But I suppose it isn’t alcohol like?

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 45 sec 4 g 10 OZ / 300 ML

Hey. So bad tea for tasting note #500? Sad :/

Ilse Wouters

Have you ever tried Cadbury´s Cream Eggs? I think Bird&Blend´s intention was to make a tea tasting like that. I personally don´t like it, but I think it´s a typical sweet British are fond of…foreigners not too much, I reckon ;-)

tea-sipper

I LOVE cadbury cream eggs. I wish a tea could recreate that flavor. Also, Martin – since the blend is so fresh the alcohol flavor might fade over time and taste better.

Martin Bednář

Ilse Wouters: Nope, as they aren’t available here. Or I just missed them? I don’t know.
Tea-sipper: I will hope. It was quite nice when I smelled it (when it came), then I smelled again after few days – was artificial, now… it is alcohol based.

gmathis

I have one Cadbury egg in reserve for an emergency. Came close to breaking into it last week, but the barrage has temporarily passed ;)

ashmanra

Two of my daughters love Cadbury Cream Eggs, but one swears along with other people I have heard from that the ones in the US are not as high quality as the ones in the UK. But I hear the same about Twinings tea….better in Europe than what is sold here. BUt surely it is the same?

tea-sipper

I’ve probably never had the UK Cadbury egg, but I think the quality slightly changed in the US version a few years ago, so I don’t doubt that the UKs are better.

Ilse Wouters

@ashmanra : it´s not unlikely to have different formulations for same brand in different country, as sometimes they are locally produced under contract. Please look (small print) on the wrapping, as it should specify it. But I doubt this is the case for the tea though. As a Belgian, in about everything chocolate related, I´m not exactly keen on the overly sweet milk chocolate Cadbury offers, but prefer a cacao butter based chocolate as is usual in Belgium and France. Which reminds me that this year, I won´t be having traditional easter eggs, as I have changed my travel plans :-(

amandastory516

I definitely believe the US vs. UK cream eggs are different! Other Cadbury varieties taste infinitely better in the UK (the Fruit and Nut bar in particular).

Martin Bednář

Only recently they started to sell Cadburry stuff here; and it is really pricy as well, so I have no idea. And although Easter season is in the shop, I haven’t seen Cadburry Cream eggs at all. Only some Milka chocolate eggs.

I got this in my March subscription from Bird and Blend. This is honestly not a tea I would’ve purchased, because chocolate teas are just a bit too hit or miss for me, and there didn’t seem to be anything too extraordinary about this one. I made most of the sample as a cold brew in almond/cashew/pea milk (which is still in the fridge), and the rest hot (with nothing added). Hot, it’s pretty gross. It has that awkward thinness that so many chocolate teas suffer from, and that dreaded synthetic flavor. It’s just not good.

AJRimmer

Yeah I love Bird & Blend in general, but their chocolate teas never seem to work for me.

Martin Bednář

Yep, received in subscription as well and this one I am not really sure if I want to drink this one. I smelled it and it was quite artificial. But who knows, maybe I will like it?

Shanie O Maniac

I absolutely adore cream eggs. Even if this one tasted exactly like a cream egg, I don’t think I could drink it. I’m too loyal to the original.