Tsarevna

Black Tea, Licorice, Orange Peels, Spices
Citrus, Spices, Licorice
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Stacy Bunny

• “If a Russian Earl Grey and a Chai tea had a baby, this is what they would birth. A smooth tea with spicy notes, an aroma that fills the room like a spiced candle, emitting a rich complex scent....” Read full tasting note
  • “I have a special relationship with Kusmi Tea’s Prince Vlad. It is heaven. It is joy. It is love. The company that makes it is also very generous, and always sends samples of other teas to try. Gift...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

Once upon a time…
The tsarevnas, daughters of the tsars, used to journey to the heart of the Imperial Russia for Christmas celebrations. They would go to the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg – the birthplace of Kusmi Tea – where an immense tree would be hung with Christmas decorations. Tsarevna is a Russian blend that takes its inspiration from that time.

Today Kusmi Tea celebrates that 19th century tradition by presenting its limited edition Christmas Tea inspired by that era, a Russian blend of black tea, spices and orange.

Inspired by the magic of the holidays, gold glitter adorns the tin.

From http://us.kusmitea.com/our-teas/russian-tea/tsarevna.html

About Kusmi Tea View company

If a Russian Earl Grey and a Chai tea had a baby, this is what they would birth. A smooth tea with spicy notes, an aroma that fills the room like a spiced candle, emitting a rich complex scent. Notes of cinnamon and cardamom are clear, with a back note of orange. This particular product is a regular winter tea for Kusmi. In 2016, to celebrate 150th year of kusmi, it donned a beautiful black and gold caddy, inspired by the tiaras worn by Tsar princesses. In 2017, the caddy is full golden. It’s beautiful, but disappointingly the price has increased from £24.80 in 2016, an the content has decreased from 250g. Bad move Kusmi.

www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Citrus, Spices

I have a special relationship with Kusmi Tea’s Prince Vlad. It is heaven. It is joy. It is love. The company that makes it is also very generous, and always sends samples of other teas to try. Gift with purchase? Everybody loves that!

This was among the three teas they sent along with my dear Prince Vlad.

The description on the single serving bag (black tea, spices, orange) made me think that this would be close to an Earl Grey. Oh, the error of my thinking.

First sip: No. But maybe I didn’t give this a proper try.

Second sip, followed by a few more consecutive sips: My taste buds are no longer on speaking terms with me.

This reminds me of a rooibos, only more unsettling since I thought I was going to send my mouth on an earl grey journey. Website shows it has licorice. That explains things.

Flavors: Licorice