Melange Laduree

Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Ladurée

An elegant association of black tea from China and Sri Lanka, citrus fruit, flowers, sweet spices and vanilla. A tasty blending, sweet and delicate Ladurée’s signature.

About Ladurée View company

Sip down…. Too subtle for me. Not bad, just an uneventful drink.

Finishing the sample of this that Sil kindly shared with me. However this is not a sipdown since my sister brought me back some from Paris a couple months back. I think I understeeped this though because the flavor is lacking compared to the one time I had this prior. Nonethless, thank you Sil for sharing :)

1904 tasting notes

GCTTB 2.0
I love all these French teas. This one has quite a strong bergamot scent and I was expecting it to be something like an earl grey. Instead the flavour, while citrus, was more like sweet oranges than bergamot. There’s also a nice floral undertone that stays pleasantly subtle and underneath it all are some smooth vanilla notes.

The great thing about French teas, I’ve found, is the deftness with which flavours are blended – they hint at flavour notes rather than beat you over the head with them. I’ve rarely come across a French tea that’s heavy-handed in its flavouring.

ashmanra

Yes! Great note! I have seen French teas with a list of flavors a mile long. If anyone else had done it, those flavors would have mashed together like mud, but the French can blend them so expertly that you taste each one as a separate layer and it still isn’t overdone.

GCTTB5 Box #2.

This one has been on my wishlist forever so I am excited to try it.

The dry tea smells very light, slightly floral, with a bit of sweet citrus.

The tea brews up moderately dark. The black tea base is light and creamy. There are subtle floral hints. There is a candy-like citrus profile. I don’t get much bergamot flavour though. The tea is just the tiniest bit astringent at the end.

This tea reminds me of a tea you would serve at a party or something. I quite like it and I am glad to have had the opportunity to try it.

I need to post in the thread but if there is anything you fall in love with and want a bit more of, chances are I have more I can part with.

GCTTB5 box#2

This was enjoyable. Citrus and floral were the most prominent notes for me. These are not my favourite notes in tea so it wouldn’t be something I would order but I’m glad I got to try it. Sometimes tastes change, so every now and then I try something again to see if my tastes have in fact changed!

Yum. Fruity and floral.

Thanks, Sil!

I did have this in a travel mug, with milk, steeped at a higher temperature than I would usually make tea at. So. We’ll see how it does at home in a regular mug. :)

This tea comes to me from MissB, thanks! I snuck some samples into Equusfell’s mystery box, and she sent me quite the package. I shouldn’t be surprised. :)

Anyway, I really wanted to try some Laduree blends because hello, I love French teas, and I somehow have never tried their teas. Also I believe someone (Ysaurella?) told me that DF blends Laduree’s blends, and I am of course a huge DF fan.

This was nice. I don’t know that I would need to restock this one, but I definitely enjoyed it quite a bit. It actually reminded me a bit of MF’s Pleine Lune (hopefully there wasn’t any cross contamination). It had spice notes like a hint of cinnamon, a bit of almond, and some nice creaminess. I didn’t get much in the way of citrus or florals. Would definitely drink this one again.

Sweet and floral but with the full body of black tea, the notes of caramel and cinnamon are very subtle but works with the main notes of rose, bergamot and orange to make a blend which is classically Ladurée. Ladurée provides high quality, well blended tea. I been through quite a few boxes of this and I’ve yet to experience any bitter after taste. Kudos to the company for thinking about their quality and putting their teas in woven tea bags, and not plastic ‘tea temples’ as the plastic leaches toxins into your tea. One of the most delicate black teas I’ve ever tasted, unrivalled with anything else I’ve ever tried. Definitely one of the most delicate teas I’ve tasted

Flavors: Bergamot, Caramel, Orange, Rose

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

Weird. I know I’ve had this at least twice before, yet there’s no record of me even adding this to my cupboard. Huh?

Is a lovely tea though, one to savour. Creamy, sweet, lightly perfumed, nothing really stands out. Delicious.

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Sweet

Thanks Bonny and Sil for sending this one over to me!
We’ve got ppl over but I’m sorta ignoring them bc they’re drinking and shouting loud opinions at each other, and I’m quiet and can’t get their attention and I have tea to log.

This is a nice floral-ish tea with some interesting notes. The bergamot is really mild and the vanilla is quite soothing. It’s actually quite relaxing.

Thank you! :D

VariaTEA

Haha Cavo. “I have tea to log”…definitely important business. When I would have study days with a friend, we would drink tea and she would think I was doing work because I was typing so much but really I was just writing tasting notes on steepster :P

Cavocorax

Totally important business!!!

And that’s hilarious. :P Steepster is so much work eh? But it’s IMPORTANT

MissB

Ooh, glad someone else got to try this!