Floral Nectar

Black Tea Leaves, Flavouring, Lavender, Marigold Petals
Lavender, Nectar
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 17 oz / 500 ml

• “Another lavender tea from the tea box – I’m not complaining! The main flavor is lavender with the bit of bitterness that lavender brings. The lavender flavor really lingers in your mouth. The black...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another unique blend from S&V. This is a black tea with plenty of lavender and a hint of fruit flavor… though I’m not sure I’m noticing much fruit flavor. It’s supposed to be apricot, and if...” Read full tasting note
  • “The first thing I noticed about this one was the lavender. Little purple oblong buds in abundance in this tea. The scent in the tin is, remarkably, unlike many other Simpson & Vail flavored...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was surprised at how light this tea actually tasted. It’s got a very strong, sweet smell to it, not to mention a lot of lavender in the dry mix, so I was expecting something a little more intense...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

For those lovers of lavender, this tea provides a unique tasting experience. It’s lavender all the way, from the delightful floral bouquet to the tantalizing lavender liquor. The addition of sweet, succulent apricot fruit flavoring to this blend produces a cup that is full bodied with a uniquely sweet, floral taste.

Ingredients: Black teas, flavoring, lavender and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Another lavender tea from the tea box – I’m not complaining! The main flavor is lavender with the bit of bitterness that lavender brings. The lavender flavor really lingers in your mouth. The black base definitely adds some complexity to the blend, but I’m not sure I would know it’s black tea if I hadn’t seen the leaves going in. So I like this blend, but I don’t like it better than S&V’s lavender lace, which is caffeine-free.

Another unique blend from S&V. This is a black tea with plenty of lavender and a hint of fruit flavor… though I’m not sure I’m noticing much fruit flavor. It’s supposed to be apricot, and if I notice any it’s only the hint of a flavor in the first cup. It’s not surprising because there is SO MUCH fresh lavender here. So much. But it’s delicious. The black tea is very light, so if I had to guess with my eyes closed I’d say I was drinking a lavender blend, with no black tea at all. The black tea is a little light for me. Of course, I might not have steeped the second cup long enough or with boiling water. I’d really love that ‘nectar’ to be much more noticeable. But this tea is a win for lavender anyway.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

Flavors: Lavender

Mastress Alita

Mmm, lavender! I will definitely sample this one, thanks for including some in the teabox.

tea-sipper

You’re welcome! I hope you love it. :D

1928 tasting notes

The first thing I noticed about this one was the lavender. Little purple oblong buds in abundance in this tea. The scent in the tin is, remarkably, unlike many other Simpson & Vail flavored teas that have been packed together for shipping — this one has a distinctive smell that lives up to its name. Definitely nectar.

The steeped tea also has this smell. Nectar, floral. Yep. It’s got a definitely lavender scent which carries over into the taste. So three for three! It’s a clear, medium orange-brown in color. The base is surprisingly supportive of this tea without being distracting.

It’s one of the better S&V flavored teas I’ve had. I find this surprising as I didn’t expect to like it at all.

Flavors: Lavender, Nectar

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I was surprised at how light this tea actually tasted. It’s got a very strong, sweet smell to it, not to mention a lot of lavender in the dry mix, so I was expecting something a little more intense than the light flavor I got at first. There’s also a subtle fruitiness, due to the apricot flavoring.

It’s certainly nice for the summer, kind of a “cheery” tea. The flavor becomes slightly stronger as it cools, but not much. Just enough.