Butterscotch Blondie

Black Tea, Cardamon, Chicory Root, Cinnamon, Cocoa Peels, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours
Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple Skins, Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Pastries, Burnt Sugar, Creamy, Oats
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by derk
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 11 oz / 313 ml

From Tazo

Rich black teas swirled with notes of smooth butterscotch & vanilla.

Ingredients: Black tea, natural flavors, chicory root, cocoa peel, licorice root, cinnamon, cardamom

Steeping Instructions: Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (212°F ). Pour water over the filterbag in your cup (8 fl oz). Sit tight until steeping is done (5 min). Delicious tea is on the way.

About Tazo View company

Yesterday I was trying to sip down one of the coconut Earl Greys I had in my collection that I had grabbed looking for a “dup” for my beloved “Foggy Coconut” by 52Teas, since I can’t just reorder that whenever I need a restock. My Hawaiian Earl Grey from Tealyra had already gone the way of bad coconut, and then I discovered that my Earl Grey Bella Luna from Adagio had also gone bad. I had a harder time telling with that one because the bergamot was so strong in it, but it had a sour note that kept making me suspicious, so I carefully pulled several slivers out, ate them separately, and… yup. As soon as I realized I removed my review yesterday and trashed the bag. I would never judge a tea based on a soured ingredient. And then I hastily made a cup of this to take to work at the last second after dumping the other cup.

I remember I bought this because my local grocery had it and Roswell liked it so much; they’ve stopped carrying it since and now they only carry Lemon Loaf (and I’m okay with that, since Lemon Loaf is my favorite, I’m sure it was selling way more than the others and they made a decision based on shelf space). This certainly isn’t a bad black tea, it just doesn’t taste particularly strong in butterscotch notes to me; I get a bit of a vanilla note, and a hint of caramel, but it doesn’t read as butterscotch per say, and I think that’s because the strongest flavor is a warm, roasty chicory, with a touch of a cinnamon undertone; it’s pleasant, but rounds it out in a way that doesn’t exactly make me think of a Blondie dessert in any sort of way. So it’s a pleasant bagged black tea, and I like the flavor I’m getting from it, I just don’t particularly think it is emulating what is listed on the box, at least not to my palate.

I only have a few teabags left and am going to finish this one off soon, and admit I’m going to miss this one. I don’t have many bagged black teas I can just pick up at the store that I really enjoy, at least not as much as this one.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
AJRimmer

Lemon loaf is by far my favorite of their trio of dessert flavors as well!

Roswell Strange

I liked the Lemon Loaf as well, though admittedly this was my favourite. The vanilla one was just fowl though!

Mastress Alita

I never even bothered to buy the Vanilla Macaroon during the time my grocery had it because I never saw a single person who liked it, hahaha. I could never justify getting a full box just to satisfy my curiosity of how bad it was!

ashmanra

Oh dear. I had better check all my coconut teas!

Please keep things friendly and .

I didn’t love this one the first time I tried it, but this time I find it much more pleasant. The main flavors are a light butterscotch and some sweetness. It’s a bit weak compared to what I expected, but I find it pleasant. Out of the Tazo dessert flavors, I definitely prefer the lemon flavor, and the other two I find decent, but I wouldn’t seek them out again.

Please keep things friendly and .

Yes, I revisited this tea at work during the week. Yes it was still absolutely amazing. Sure, it’s bagged tea – but it’s actually really good bagged tea. Super sweet and rich, but it perfectly captures exactly what a Butterscotch Blondie, in my head anyway, should taste like. Which is incredible.

Mastress Alita

I’ll have to grab this one, I know my grocery store has all the Tazo dessert teas. I actually love the Lemon Loaf one, and like that it’s an herbal so I can have it before bed.

Daylon R Thomas

I 2nd the Lemon Loaf one. It also does not bug me as much since it green rooibos tend to be small anyway.

Kittenna

These dessert teas are really intriguing me. Will have to, at some point, swap with someone who owns them so I don’t have to buy them all myself! Hahaha.

Roswell Strange

I also liked the Lemon Loaf, though I found it pretty sweet. The Vanilla Macaron was just terrible, IMO, though…

Please keep things friendly and .

YUM. perfect for the morning with milk and sugar. I dont taste much butterscotch but more of a cinnamon roll flavor.

Please keep things friendly and .

I’ve been trying to brew this tea — every time I get it, I give it to my sister (who likes spicy dessert teas way more than I do). ….Finally opened a box before I had the chance to be nice. I like this tea. It’s good. I don’t have problems with it. I just had a cup today at work without milk and it’s good either way. One thing I like: it’s not sweetened in any way, but the flavors are strong enough that sweetness isn’t needed.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pastries

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
gmathis

It’s good with milk.

Please keep things friendly and .

I always try to keep a few boxes of bagged tea on hand for situations where brewing loose leaf tea isn’t practical and Tazo is one of the better brands I’ve found at my local grocery store. This particular blend smells AMAZING…just like I’m baking some kind of yummy butterscotch dessert! The flavor doesn’t live up to the aroma, but it does have a nice hint of sweetness as long as it isn’t overbrewed. That’s easy to do though, so I try to stick to shorter steep times and slightly cooler water when brewing this one.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Sweet

gmathis

A little milk improves this one, too.

Inkling

I’ll have to try that!

Please keep things friendly and .

Did I get a bad batch of this or something??? It tastes like burnt coffee to me. I have never gotten that from a tea before. I don’t even smell butterscotch. Ended up sending these bags to a lot of my penpals just to get rid of it. Sorry friends. O.O

Please keep things friendly and .

I bought a box on a whim because I love blondies. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much, but I’ve completely fallen in love with this blend. It’s such a simple tea, but they’ve managed to create a tea that not only smells but tastes like baked goods. The aroma reminds me of the smell that fills your kitchen when you’re baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies…only there’s no chocolate chips. The cuppa is all brown sugar, butter, and vanilla with the slightest hint of spice. The black tea flavor is very light, and I don’t mind it for this sort of dessert tea; if I’m drinking a dessert tea it’s because I want the flavor of the dessert more than the flavor of the tea base.

It’s one of the best dessert teas I’ve had in a while. I might have to track down the other blends in the Dessert Delights collection, and I’ll definitely keep a box or two stashed in my pantry.

Please keep things friendly and .

I don’t know what I did wrong. The first cup of this was sweet and had a decent caramel/butterscotch flavor/aroma. The second cup was astringent and awful. Maybe I need to use cooler water?

Please keep things friendly and .

Wasn’t I just thinking about this tea? It showed up in the free tea area of the work kitchen and I am so excited to try it! I won’t even have to buy some to find out if I like it or not.

Gotta say, the smell of butterscotch is really strong. This is definitely a really desserty tea. It’s making my whole cube smell like butterscotch.

Taste-wise? Wow! Tasty! I added sweetener and milk because it’s a dessert black tea and it is really really good. I can taste the cardamom and cinnamon and what must be the chicory root and I was a bit afraid of that combination, seems like it would be too spicy for me but it’s actually very true to the butterscotch taste, with a bit of warmth at the end of the sip. I’d drink this again. I might even buy some if I come across some in the grocery store.

Lexie Aleah

Just bought some of this a few days ago and thought it was really great as well. It reminds me a lot of Mrs. Patmore’s Pudding Tea from Republic of Tea.