Fujian Xiao Zhong, Tahitian Vanilla, Yunnan Dian Hong
Dark Wood, Overripe Cherries, Vanilla, Cocoa, Cherry, Baked Bread, Drying, Malt, Marshmallow, Raspberry, Smooth, Sugarcane, Sweet, Sugar, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Coming soon!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Good tea

1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I don’t drink many blends, but ordered this as a dessert tea. It was lovely while it lasted. I used a tiny bit of raw sugar. Yum!

I finished this a couple days ago without ceremony, which is disgraceful.

It tastes of rich dark wood, ripened cherries, and heady vanilla. It also reminds me of cream soda, with less sugar. Needless to say, it’s on the reorder list for when I’m fabulously rich or the Canadian dollar isn’t so terrible- whichever comes first!

Flavors: Dark Wood, Overripe Cherries, Vanilla

Vệ Sinh Duy Tuấn

I have just known

I picked this tea up during Black Friday sale. I quite literally purchased the last ounce available at the time. You may notice that this review is very similar to my Golden Orchid review; I comment on that below.

Opening the bag and taking a whiff is a real treat! A rush of cocoa and vanilla, with nice maltiness to back it up. A bit like fresh brownies.

The tea steeps a nice dark brown, and retains the lovely aroma.

The taste is exceptional! Smooth and full, lots of flavors. No need for sugar, as the vanilla beans give plenty of sweetness. The black tea blend is excellent, and would stand up well on its own without the vanilla. No corners were cut in putting this blend together. I should note that this tea is flavored with actual beans, which gives it a nice smoothness versus a typical “flavored” tea using extract or other processed flavoring.

A second steeping holds up well, but I find that I need to about double the concentration to maintain the same strength as a first steeping. (In other words, I use half as much water in the second steeping.)

Overall, a superb black tea! It works well as a morning wake-up or an after-dinner dessert companion. This is going on my must-buy list. I don’t usually enjoy “flavored” teas, but this one is done very well. If you prefer “straight” black tea like me, and you’re looking for something with a fuller flavor profile, don’t hesitate to pick this up!

I tried this side by side with Whispering Pines’s Golden Orchid. If you’re wondering, this tea uses Tahitian vanilla beans, while Golden Orchid uses Madagascar beans. I think the difference between the two is that Ambrosia has a more pronounced vanilla flavor. Other than that, they are identical in my opinion, so their reviews will be very similar. Whether Ambrosia is worth the additional price over Golden Orchid depends on how much you like a stronger vanilla flavor. I give both the same rating.

Flavors: Cocoa, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

We’re having a warm spell now. Everybody thinks I’m crazy because I want to go back to the highs in the mid 50s with night time lows in the 30s. But I guess we get the weather that we get and no amount of whinging will change it.

The point of that bit above was to explain why it took me so long to try this tea. My order from Whispering Pines came over a week ago, but it’s been so darned warm that I haven’t had tea. Today was in the upper 60s, but it was rainy and very windy, so tea felt appropriate.

This was so, so smooth and rich. Malty without being heavy or even slightly bitter. Almost sweet all on its own without any sugar or sweetener added. Until now my favorite WP tea was Golden Orchid, with North Winds as a close second. But I may have to re-arrange my favorite standings. Ambrosia is a wonderful tea!

Warm and bready and vanilla sweet, but not super strong. Vanilla is definitely more of an undertone, but it is still there. I enjoy this a lot, but I probably won’t reach for it over other offerings from this company, or other vanilla teas I have supercharged by adding lots of extra vanilla. I like my vanilla to be more in your face.

I didn’t have much luck with this one yesterday – just didn’t do anything for me but i’m not sure if that was just my mood and the kinda of day i was having or what. Tasty, but not as incredible as that first time i had it.

Final Count: 116

Wow, this tea! It is a very comforting cuppa. The vanilla is very smooth and pure. I get a sweetness that lingers, which is a likeness toward the cherry notes. The cocoa notes develop slowly and almost “roll” onto my tongue.
I feel like this tea has a lot of layers.

Resteeped for 5 and 8 minutes per the website recommendations. The third steep was starting to lose that wonderful vanilla, but it was still delicious

Flavors: Cherry, Cocoa, Vanilla

I was surprised by how many “Ambrosias” there were when I searched this name. I thought this to be a very original name. Anyways, onward to the review. This is my first western session in what seems like a long time, so it was a little awkward at first. I had told myself when this tea was released that I would hold off for some time on buying it. However, the tantalizing fascination for a liquor fit for Greek gods took a hold of me. I opened the package and took a peak inside. I was taking in an ocean of minuscule delicate gold strands and thin black wires.These soft velvety strands carried such an enticing scent! I was blown away by the pure aroma of marshmallow, malt, and the slightest fruit tone. I placed a good sized scoop in my glassware and rushed to the bubbling kettle. The moment my scorching spring water touched the leaves a delectable scent exploded from my tea-ware and filled my tea room. I was catching notes of sugarcane, vanilla, malt, baked bread, and some dark fruit. The taste is more than perfect. The brew fully encompasses the mouth and leaves the tongue feeling soft and lubricated. The flavor begins as a sweet melted marshmallow and then moves to a sweet yet dry vanilla. This is a more pure vanilla. This taste isn’t overly sweet or the kind that makes your stomach turn after drinking too much. This is a burly natural vanilla that is well balanced with both the sugared sweet tones and the dry wood tones. Then, the brew moves in with some uplifting dark berry, such as black cherries or over ripe raspberries. Lastly, the drink finishes with a smooth and soft malt the helps the mouth ease out of the velvety sweetness. The brew keeps this consistently throughout multiple steeping. The vanilla tone fades slightly, but is still prescient with each steep. This tea is perfection in a cup. I absolutely love how the flavors work and how well balanced this is. If you loved Golden Orchid, then this is the more intense and luscious version and you must try it.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Wood, Drying, Malt, Marshmallow, Overripe Cherries, Raspberry, Smooth, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vanilla

So, my goal is to review more of the teas I have, starting with my newest obsession, Ambrosia. I really like this and have been pushing it onto everyone in the vicinity. This really swings towards a vanilla marshmallow for me. I have been playing around with it and find that I like to use quite a bit of tea for each serving. Less is not balanced enough between the syrupy vanilla and the tea. More than 3-4 steeps, depending on how much attention I am paying to it while brewing, and I find that it fades considerably. The taste goes away, some of the vanilla scent lingers though. I let the steep I am currently drinking sit for a bit too long, so it is very brisk but not unpleasant. I do find a bit of an almost woody taste behind the vanilla. This tea really lives in the vanilla though, by itself the black tea would be pleasant but not as well rounded.

In summary, sugar and vanilla on top of a nice round woody black tea.

Flavors: Malt, Marshmallow, Sugar, Vanilla, Wood