Fujian Xiao Zhong, Tahitian Vanilla, Yunnan Dian Hong
Apple, Apple Candy, Dark Wood, Overripe Cherries, Vanilla, Cocoa, Cherry, Baked Bread, Drying, Malt, Marshmallow, Raspberry, Smooth, Sugarcane, Sweet, Sugar, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Coming soon!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Wow – the cocoa notes in this tea! Rich, dark, cocoa that complements rather than overpowers the tea. Surprised that there’s only tea and vanilla in this blend, since it’s so full-bodied, earthy and complex. I shamefully did not do a second steeping, which is such a waste. Next time I brew it, I’ll make sure to get all I can out of it. Wonderful quality (as one would expect from this vendor), perfect for breakfast on a chilly day. Or after dinner on a chilly evening. Or anytime the mood for a bold tea strikes.

It’s so different with something I ever drink before.

Flavors: Apple, Apple Candy

5 tsp 270 OZ / 7984 ML

Good tea

1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I don’t drink many blends, but ordered this as a dessert tea. It was lovely while it lasted. I used a tiny bit of raw sugar. Yum!

I finished this a couple days ago without ceremony, which is disgraceful.

It tastes of rich dark wood, ripened cherries, and heady vanilla. It also reminds me of cream soda, with less sugar. Needless to say, it’s on the reorder list for when I’m fabulously rich or the Canadian dollar isn’t so terrible- whichever comes first!

Flavors: Dark Wood, Overripe Cherries, Vanilla

Vệ Sinh Duy Tuấn

I have just known

I picked this tea up during Black Friday sale. I quite literally purchased the last ounce available at the time. You may notice that this review is very similar to my Golden Orchid review; I comment on that below.

Opening the bag and taking a whiff is a real treat! A rush of cocoa and vanilla, with nice maltiness to back it up. A bit like fresh brownies.

The tea steeps a nice dark brown, and retains the lovely aroma.

The taste is exceptional! Smooth and full, lots of flavors. No need for sugar, as the vanilla beans give plenty of sweetness. The black tea blend is excellent, and would stand up well on its own without the vanilla. No corners were cut in putting this blend together. I should note that this tea is flavored with actual beans, which gives it a nice smoothness versus a typical “flavored” tea using extract or other processed flavoring.

A second steeping holds up well, but I find that I need to about double the concentration to maintain the same strength as a first steeping. (In other words, I use half as much water in the second steeping.)

Overall, a superb black tea! It works well as a morning wake-up or an after-dinner dessert companion. This is going on my must-buy list. I don’t usually enjoy “flavored” teas, but this one is done very well. If you prefer “straight” black tea like me, and you’re looking for something with a fuller flavor profile, don’t hesitate to pick this up!

I tried this side by side with Whispering Pines’s Golden Orchid. If you’re wondering, this tea uses Tahitian vanilla beans, while Golden Orchid uses Madagascar beans. I think the difference between the two is that Ambrosia has a more pronounced vanilla flavor. Other than that, they are identical in my opinion, so their reviews will be very similar. Whether Ambrosia is worth the additional price over Golden Orchid depends on how much you like a stronger vanilla flavor. I give both the same rating.

Flavors: Cocoa, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

We’re having a warm spell now. Everybody thinks I’m crazy because I want to go back to the highs in the mid 50s with night time lows in the 30s. But I guess we get the weather that we get and no amount of whinging will change it.

The point of that bit above was to explain why it took me so long to try this tea. My order from Whispering Pines came over a week ago, but it’s been so darned warm that I haven’t had tea. Today was in the upper 60s, but it was rainy and very windy, so tea felt appropriate.

This was so, so smooth and rich. Malty without being heavy or even slightly bitter. Almost sweet all on its own without any sugar or sweetener added. Until now my favorite WP tea was Golden Orchid, with North Winds as a close second. But I may have to re-arrange my favorite standings. Ambrosia is a wonderful tea!

Warm and bready and vanilla sweet, but not super strong. Vanilla is definitely more of an undertone, but it is still there. I enjoy this a lot, but I probably won’t reach for it over other offerings from this company, or other vanilla teas I have supercharged by adding lots of extra vanilla. I like my vanilla to be more in your face.

I didn’t have much luck with this one yesterday – just didn’t do anything for me but i’m not sure if that was just my mood and the kinda of day i was having or what. Tasty, but not as incredible as that first time i had it.

Final Count: 116

Wow, this tea! It is a very comforting cuppa. The vanilla is very smooth and pure. I get a sweetness that lingers, which is a likeness toward the cherry notes. The cocoa notes develop slowly and almost “roll” onto my tongue.
I feel like this tea has a lot of layers.

Resteeped for 5 and 8 minutes per the website recommendations. The third steep was starting to lose that wonderful vanilla, but it was still delicious

Flavors: Cherry, Cocoa, Vanilla