Yi Mei Ren Wu Liang Mountain Black Tea * Spring 2016

Baked Bread, Chocolate, Floral, Fruity, Malt, Red Wine
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

• “I wish I could recall more about this tea. It was warm. Toasty. Tasty. Not too strong. It kept me warm. Third infusion was the best. (so steeps 3, 1 and then 2) Also? I attended a macaron making...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sweet and smooth, with a wonderful scent of roasted cacao and butter. There is a bit of sourness that adds complexity to the taste, especially as the cup cools. There are fermented woody notes as...” Read full tasting note
  • “Just realized I’ve nearly finished my supply of this without posting any impressions. Prepared in my Jian Shui gaiwan. Filtered Santa Monica municipal water just off the boil throughout – from...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has a unique character that separates it from the other black teas offered at YS. The aromatics are strong, sweet, and clear, with an aroma somewhere between wine and chocolate. There are...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Third infusion was the best. (so steeps 3, 1 and then 2)
Also? I attended a macaron making demo. Thats some complicated stuff.
Oh and I ate gold. Errr gold dusted macarons. With Cola filling.

And for some reason I can’t stop thinking about this song. My first pairing? Nothing to do with orientation or anything. I’m just darn cold. If you keep me warm I don’t care who you kiss lol (err well actually I do, just no the bits underneath. sucker for love stories here!)

I’m kinda sad my students didn’t win the case competition. Apparently they did a great job. I know nothing of finance so can’t comment. Except to say that I would like to buy some futures in macarons.

Ok I’m rambling. Time for bed.

Sweet and smooth, with a wonderful scent of roasted cacao and butter. There is a bit of sourness that adds complexity to the taste, especially as the cup cools. There are fermented woody notes as well. I don’t get any florals – this tea is hefty. Prepared Western style in a big ol’ mug. Thanks for sharing, Indigobloom, this one goes on the wish list.

Indigobloom

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Did you try a second infusion?

sounds like IB needs to send some MY way heh

Nicole/Tea-Historic

I will cop to being a bit leery – the leaves IB sent in the sample were all golden. The picture on the YS site is not at all golden. I’m still going to order some eventually to see if they are the same. :) I’ll do a second infusion this afternoon!

Indigobloom

I just got all paranoid and peeked in the bag. There are indeed some leaves with golden tips. I wouldn’t say it was all gold though.

@Sil I’m so starting a box for you hehe

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Ooo, yeah. So this one was probably mislabelled. It was totally all golden like the golden buds of Simao and stuff like that. it was super tasty. :) And I now have some of this coming from YS to try out. LOL

Prepared in my Jian Shui gaiwan. Filtered Santa Monica municipal water just off the boil throughout – from gaiwan to glass cha hai to bone porcelain cup:

Twisted, wilted, very dark individual leaves with some rust/gold tips remind me of talons.
No wash, steeped around 10 times, slowly moving up from 10 seconds to a full minute by the final pour.

Marigold liquor that grows more auburn as you extend the steep time – almost like the tea is blushing, embarrassed for me for steeping it too long. The aroma of the dry and wet leaves is consistent, singular, and difficult to find a direct analogy for. Hints of cream, straw, and low earthy and floral aromatics round out the profile.

The flavor adds a mild biscuit malt character to the nose, along with chocolate, toasted pecans, and some (wine like?) minerality (wet stones) in the finish.

Smooth, pleasant mouth-feel with no perceptible astringency unless you let it steep for several minutes.

As described, this is a mellow but characterful black tea with some qualities of an oolong. A very good value, and quite pleasurable on a rainy/Winter day.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

This tea has a unique character that separates it from the other black teas offered at YS. The aromatics are strong, sweet, and clear, with an aroma somewhere between wine and chocolate. There are hints of brown bread and dark fruit fragrances as well. This is a very clean black tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate, Floral, Fruity, Malt, Red Wine

Where has this been all my life. Superb execution on the making of this tea. Perfect oxidation and roasting, leading to a burst of floral, malt and citrus. The only other red tea I’ve had with this profile was a Darjeeling from Teabox.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 7 OZ / 220 ML
DigniTea

I agree. This is a very nice tea!

This tea is really good. It has really nice tasting notes of malt and chocolate. The chocolate note is strong and the malt is not overpowering. This is definitely a tea to buy more of.

I brewed this twice in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 and 4 minutes. I put the second steeping in a thermos for work.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt