Yi Mei Ren Wu Liang Mountain Black Tea * Spring 2016

Baked Bread, Chocolate, Floral, Fruity, Malt, Red Wine
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

• “Just realized I’ve nearly finished my supply of this without posting any impressions. Prepared in my Jian Shui gaiwan. Filtered Santa Monica municipal water just off the boil throughout...” Read full tasting note
    augustgarage 16 tasting notes
  • “This tea has a unique character that separates it from the other black teas offered at YS. The aromatics are strong, sweet, and clear, with an aroma somewhere between wine and chocolate. There are...” Read full tasting note
    ccr 44 tasting notes
  • “Where has this been all my life. Superb execution on the making of this tea. Perfect oxidation and roasting, leading to a burst of floral, malt and citrus. The only other red tea I’ve had...” Read full tasting note
    BigDaddy 164 tasting notes
  • “This tea is really good. It has really nice tasting notes of malt and chocolate. The chocolate note is strong and the malt is not overpowering. This is definitely a tea to buy more of. I brewed...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 1549 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Product description not available yet.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Prepared in my Jian Shui gaiwan. Filtered Santa Monica municipal water just off the boil throughout – from gaiwan to glass cha hai to bone porcelain cup:

Twisted, wilted, very dark individual leaves with some rust/gold tips remind me of talons.
No wash, steeped around 10 times, slowly moving up from 10 seconds to a full minute by the final pour.

Marigold liquor that grows more auburn as you extend the steep time – almost like the tea is blushing, embarrassed for me for steeping it too long. The aroma of the dry and wet leaves is consistent, singular, and difficult to find a direct analogy for. Hints of cream, straw, and low earthy and floral aromatics round out the profile.

The flavor adds a mild biscuit malt character to the nose, along with chocolate, toasted pecans, and some (wine like?) minerality (wet stones) in the finish.

Smooth, pleasant mouth-feel with no perceptible astringency unless you let it steep for several minutes.

As described, this is a mellow but characterful black tea with some qualities of an oolong. A very good value, and quite pleasurable on a rainy/Winter day.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

This tea has a unique character that separates it from the other black teas offered at YS. The aromatics are strong, sweet, and clear, with an aroma somewhere between wine and chocolate. There are hints of brown bread and dark fruit fragrances as well. This is a very clean black tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate, Floral, Fruity, Malt, Red Wine

Where has this been all my life. Superb execution on the making of this tea. Perfect oxidation and roasting, leading to a burst of floral, malt and citrus. The only other red tea I’ve had with this profile was a Darjeeling from Teabox.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 7 OZ / 220 ML
DigniTea

I agree. This is a very nice tea!

I brewed this twice in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 and 4 minutes. I put the second steeping in a thermos for work.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt