It’s like the Coco Chai Rooibos except without the light rooibos and the creamy coconut. The latter of the two is the deal breaker. Also, no cloves.

The main spice is cinnamon, and good cinnamon at that. Ginger is the second main flavour I detect. Those two items create a nice spicy sweet profile. I’ve never had Assam so I cannot pick it out too well in this blend.

All in all, not bad. Although, I’m not sure if this will ever be my go to chai. Cinnamon isn’t usually my favourite spice and I’d rather it share center stage with something else.

It’s delicious when steeped partially in hot milk (as are all good chais).

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada