Ok so I’m guilty of loving Teavana’s herbal dessert teas. I’ve been checking back with my local Teavana to see if they’ve gotten this in yet and yesterday they finally had it!! I ordered 2 oz and when the manager said “For this 4.5 oz you would only pay $18” I said “I don’t know if I like it yet, 2 is good.”

Now I’m almost through the 2 oz because the chunks in the tea are large, there are pieces of dried bananas that really complete the flavor but there aren’t a ton of them. The first cup I had I brewed a little too long for my taste, it was very sweet and tangy, to me it was really similar to Azteca Fire, which I love. The second cup I made sure to get some banana pieces and BAM…delicious. I brewed it for less time, probably 5 minutes, and it was still sweet but the tangy tartness wasn’t there and I could taste the caramel and chocolate as well.

Banana lovers or dessert tea lovers, try this! It’s not like out of this world good but since I love dessert teas, and this is an herbal, I can drink it at night in my bath without worrying about being up for all hours!

Born and raised in Connecticut, went to college in Vermont, and moved back to work after a year of service.

I love sweet, decadent, desserty teas the most but I also appreciate a strong refreshing cup of green or white tea. I recently started a matcha smoothie morning, sometimes mate or black tea, then black tea and rooibos throughout the day, and whatever my little heart desires most when I get home from work!

I’m obsessed with Della Terra, DAVIDs, and 52teas because they have the best dessert teas but also have a selection of some more straight things too. Recently tried Simpson and Vail and LOVE them too!!

I don’t have a rating system, I just kind of guess. I think I should make a rating system…

85-100 I want this in my cupboard always
75-85 I like it but I’m not rushing out to buy more immediately
60-75 Probably not going to want more than the sample
40-60 I don’t like this tea, I wouldn’t recommend it, and I won’t drink it again
0-40 This wasn’t even worth the sip.

Ok let’s try that for a bit now.

Vermont