Peach Apple Crisp sounds so refreshing, doesn’t it? Then you read about cinnamon and think, ok, maybe not refreshing, more like a baked good you eat on a cool autumn evening watching the leaves turn.

I smelled the dry leaf, and then I smelled it again because I was disappointed. You know when you bite into a peach that’s off? You know that smell/taste? That’s what I got here. Not cinnamon, not peach or apple, fake or otherwise, just a bad fruit smell. Not fermented, just bad.

At 4 minutes, 2 perfect spoons and 16 oz of water off boiling gives me a slightly astringent brew, pretty light on the fresh, crisp fruit taste and the vague fruit gone-off taste is still there. Dark amber colour, smells better brewed, faintly of peach and Rooibos.

Dexter3657 who generously provided the sample, and to whom I am forever thankful, is convinced I am not friends with Rooibos. I have had other Rooibos and they are good! Granted there have not been many :) I have enough for another cup, I will throw it in a jar to cold steep, hopefully with better result.

I almost didn’t want to write this because if you don’t have anything nice to say… Also, my review is so different from all the others! Maybe someone will wonder who Pd in my Cheerios this morning.

Dexter

I didn’t like this one either – in fact I didn’t do well with most of my Persimmon samples. I hadn’t tried many when I tossed that one in your box. Sorry……

Nxtdoor

S ok, I still love you. :)

Cavocorax

Well even if it isn’t positive, it’s still how you feel so it has a place. Also, this makes a useful reference so that you don’t order more by mistake later on!