Splurged on a Breville tea maker today, and the lovely manager at my local Teavana gave me 200g of free tea with my purchase. Four different teas, this was the one that spoke to me the most, so it’s what I’m trying tonight.

First off, the Breville takes some getting used to, so I oversteeped this one. Not that I mind… usually a good rooibos tastes even better to me if I’m steeping it longer than I should. I was surprised as I measured it out how much fruit there is in this one, and how little actual tea. All large pieces? Interesting.

Dry, it smells very fruity like a tart raspberry punch. Zero mint smell that I could decipher.

Steeped, it smells less fruity. Less of everything, really. Maybe a more faint raspberry taste than anything. The mint is hard to place, although it’s definitely there, almost as a cooling action midway through and little else. I had to sweeten it to bring out some of fruitiness (I found it bland on it’s own), which may have dampened the mint? Dunno.

The smell is now wafting throughout the house though, so it does have a lovely odor. It’s just… sneaky, like my 5-year-old wearing his superhero costume.

I’ll try it again to see if I like it more with less steeping (or maybe cold?). At this point, I doubt I’ll ever buy it.