Re-visiting this one again today. I’ve been feeling very under-whelmed lately with my tea options at work so I have been bringing in bits and bobs from home. Of course, it doesn’t help that I seem to have no idea what I want, but I persist in my quest nonetheless. This tea is a bit unusual in my cupboard, I don’t think I have any others that feature bamboo and honestly not that many that are strawberry. I remember enjoying it quite a bit during the summer so I am hoping that enjoyment is still there.

Dry, the leaves have an odd smell (almost reminiscent of melon or white tea – I don’t know where I’m getting that from) but there is a strawberry sweet note as well, sort of like strawberry candy. I steeped two heaping teaspoons for 7 or 8 minutes, and the result is a liquor that smells almost exactly like the dry ‘leaf’ – sweet but something off about it.

The taste matches the smell. It’s pretty much like I remember it. Sweet artificial strawberry, with the taste of the bamboo coming through as almost hay or oat-like. Right on the top of the sip I get a note that is almost like dark chocolate which really boggles me. I’m enjoying this at the moment, though I think I might prefer it iced (rare for me). Glad I only bought 50 g, as it doesn’t quite have the lasting impression I hoped for.

Still no spicy note. Bringing down the rating from 93 to 80s.

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada