drank St Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

I neglected to pick up any coffee yesterday. Too much going on after work. We’re trying to replace the exterior lighting on our house and the lighting store was open until 8 p.m. so the BF decided we should go there and eat dinner nearby. The kids normally go to sleep at around 8:30 so they were pretty overdone by the time dinner was over.

In any case, not to worry as the magic was back this morning. It’s interesting that Kusmi’s ideal time for preparation on this is afternoon because I think it’s wonderful in the morning. Strong blacks sometimes hit my stomach wrong first thing in the morning. This one is very mellow but flavorful, and today I’m getting a lot of cherry and grape and plum-like flavors that integrate really nicely with the tea flavor instead of tasting glommed on.

Bumping it up in points for rising to the occasion.

I’ve said it before, but yum. Just yum.

Terri HarpLady

I also have problems with tea on an empty stomach, especially ceylon. I can usually get away with Yunnans, & some Assams, at least for a little while :)

__Morgana__

I used to know which varieties were more likely to cause the problem but I’ve forgotten. I’m sure I’ll be reminded at some point when my stomach gets angry at me.

Fjellrev

I hear you! Black tea (and coffee even more so) on an empty stomach in the morning makes me feel hungover.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

__Morgana__

Fjellrev

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California