Sipdown no. 112 of the year 2014. A sample.

A colorful, geometric (because of the lemongrass), attractive mix. The dry leaf smells very minty, with a little citrus.

The liquor is tawny, like a dark lion color. The aroma is herbal—mostly minty.

Mine is a little on the thin side, and as I’ve used my entire sample I can’t go back and adjust leaf/water/time and temp to test whether this was just a one-off result or a general characteristic of this tea. I mostly taste the mint and a little lemon. I don’t taste much black tea, but I do get an undercurrent.

I can see this being a really nice iced tea, and I think I’d quite enjoy it hot as well if I could get it a bit stronger. There’s nothing at all offensive about it—on the contrary, it has a really nice mint flavor that’s mellowed slightly by the lemon and vice versa.

I can’t rate it extremely high based on this one experience, but I like it well enough to put it on the wish list if I ever get out of lockdown and order from Teas Etc. again.

2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Memily

Ahhh, just saw your reference to lockdown. Now your high sipdown count makes sense ;)

__Morgana__

Yes, I’m desperately trying to reduce my collection by about 80 percent. It’s going to take a while. ;-)

Memily

And I thought mine was bad! =P I’m a novice when it comes to overwhelming tea collections. Steepster makes me feel better…

Comments

Memily

__Morgana__

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California