Thanks to Teavivre for this sample and I’m sorry I’m getting around to trying it just now.

I am steeping this in my infuser mug since I’m trapped at work on this beautiful day – we finally got some sun.

Steep #1 – approx. 1.5 minutes yielded me a dark, sweet and mellow pu-erh. Mmm, this is nice. I’ve gotten a few hints of bittersweet chocolate in the flavor here along with a slight fruitiness. I like it!

Steep #2 – also very nice and earthy. This has a definite clean taste with no fishiness or off odors like you can experience in other pu-erhs. The flavor here is reminding me a bit of pumpernickel bread. Definitely a nice after lunch tea.

Steep #3 – I accidentally let this steep for a really long time – 4 minutes? 5 minutes? Who knows. The longer steep has brought out a creamy element in this tea that I’m really enjoying. I think I could steep this a few more times but that needs to be end of caffeine for me today.

And onto other news… I have noticed today that my equanimity is back and I’m enjoying life — what could be more important than this? Huzzah!

ScottTeaMan

Very nice…….chocolate…….pumpernickel bread! You didn’t have said bread for lunch did you?

no, I had a salad!

Scott B

They sent me some of this tea too :)

Missy

Yay! I’m glad you are feeling better. :D

TeaBrat

@MIssy – me too. I’ve been hitting up my Buddhism stuff hard and it’s really been helping. :)

ashmanra

Wheeeee! That is great news!

SimplyJenW

So glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself!

thanks all. :)

ScottTeaMan

Glad you’re doing better Amy. :))

How does this loose Pu-erh rate compare to others you have tried??

TeaBrat

I thought it was really good but I do not need any more pu-erh teas right now…

Charles Thomas Draper

YES! Enjoy Life!!

Charles – thank you, I am trying! :D

Comments

ScottTeaMan

no, I had a salad!

Scott B

They sent me some of this tea too :)

Missy

Yay! I’m glad you are feeling better. :D

ashmanra

Wheeeee! That is great news!

SimplyJenW

So glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself!

thanks all. :)

ScottTeaMan

Glad you’re doing better Amy. :))

How does this loose Pu-erh rate compare to others you have tried??

TeaBrat

I thought it was really good but I do not need any more pu-erh teas right now…

Charles Thomas Draper

YES! Enjoy Life!!

Charles – thank you, I am trying! :D

My profile pic is of a pink dahlia at Golden Gate Park.

95-100 I love this tea and would like to keep it around