drank Almond Green Tea by Kusmi Tea

This is another one I got from VariaTEA. It smells really nice in the bag; exactly like marzipan. I love marzipan, so I had high hopes for this one, but it actually doesn’t taste much like the smell. It’s slightly bitter, very grassy, and the almond flavor is dry. There’s no bite of nuttiness like I would expect with a more savory tea, and there’s no fruitiness like I would expect with a sweeter one. Maybe I should try cold-brewing?

ETA: As this cools it is worlds better. I think cold-brewing might do the trick.

VariaTEA

I was not much of a fan of this one either. It was really disappointing too because it just smells so good.

bluebelle

It smells amazing! But there are good reviews on the page so I think fiddling with prep might help it.

Comments

VariaTEA

bluebelle

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.