I’ve built up a sort of fear of Assams, because I’m not a big fan of malt flavors in my tea and they go bitter easily. In fact, I’ve never had an Assam/mix including Assam that didn’t go bitter on me, which tends to completely put me off the tea in question. This, surprisingly, smells good to me. The bergamot mixes well with the scent of the tea itself.

The taste of this is completely different from what I expected. It’s full-bodied but doesn’t taste like it’s too much. The bergamot is equally fruity and flowery, and that somehow manages to taste good against the malty background of the base. I think this is the first Assam I would go out of my way to drink again. Yum!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.