Thank you mrmopar for this mini Pu-erh Tuo cha!

There was an old woman who made a China Lapsang Souchong, smoked pepper, Urfa Chili meat rub (one plain and one with brown sugar)…

then made a Earl of Anxi infused simple syrup which was ladled over a warm golden yellow cake…

followed by lemon pudding infused with cream of Earl Grey, poured and set in shot glasses… chilled…

ending with a viewing of Pixar’s, ‘BRAVE’ while sipping infusions of
sweet, smooth ripe cassia Pu-erh. (I’m like ‘The Old Woman Who Lived In The Shoe’ however, instead of too many children… I have too much tea I don’t know what to do!)

Layers of tea to cook and bake with, then a relaxing Shu Pu-erh to watch the animated Scot’s Princess fly through the forest as the brave heroic figure in my movie.

Who says you can’t enjoy such things at my age. Ach!

The little tuo cha was delicious. A small cake-like dessert Pu-erh, not earthy at all. Mild, smooth and easy. Slightly sweet.
I steeped 2 quick 30 second steeps in my Gaiwan and took a taste then in the mug they both went. A full mug of Pu-erh (which I soon repeated)! kicking back.

A good ending to a lovely day with no creative mishaps!

Michelle

I watched Brave today! That Earl of Anxi simple syrup sounds DELICIOUS. Can I come over for dinner some night? ;)

Bonnie

Sure! ‘Brave’ was fun! Here’s an odd movie note. Pixar is in the S.F. Bay Area as you know. Actually I’ve been by it in Emeryville. In the hills behind Cupertino (think Steve Jobs and Apple) there is a place that carves large wood bears (like the witch did in the movie) and there has been a sign outside for as long as I can remember that says ‘Sale, everything 50% off’ which is exactly what the witch said. I cracked up! It was like an inside joke!

Ha, that’s awesome!

Indigobloom

YUMMO!! you have the best ideas Bonnie :)

Nik

PIXAR are known for the inside jokes and references in their films. What a great observation. Thanks, Bonnie!

Comments

Michelle

Bonnie

Ha, that’s awesome!

Indigobloom

YUMMO!! you have the best ideas Bonnie :)

Nik