drank Lapsang Souchong by Wegmans

This is a really nice Lapsang Souchong. Not completely overpowering, but not one of those wimpy Lapsangs either. It’s beautifully smooth with some subtle sweetness. My favorite way to take it is to chop up some crystalized ginger and add it to the infuser with the leaves. It makes a lovely sweet and slightly spicy drink that is absolutely perfect for cooler nights. Not too shabby chilled with some bourbon either ;)

Flavors: Campfire, Smoke

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

Great idea ;)

Comments

boychik

Great idea ;)

My favorite teas are unflavored Chinese blacks, especially Yunnans & Fujians and I’m also partial to strong Irish Breakfast blends. I enjoy other blacks, greens and oolongs as well. I am giving pu-erh a shot, but am not overwhelmed at the moment. Occasionally I also enjoy a nice flavored tea, but prefer a few complementary flavors rather than chocolate covered strawberry marshmallow tiramisu oolong. I never sweeten my teas and only add milk in chai blends.

Likes: Anything roasty, toasty, smoky, or malty. As well as citrus and cream flavors.

Dislikes: Anise/licorice/fennel, stevia, & coconut.

Allergies: Peanuts & Tree nuts

I’ve decided to use a simplified rating system in order to keep things consistent.

100- The best tea I have ever tasted. Can’t live without it.

95- Wonderful teas that I drink almost daily, and will always have on hand. Probably the first teas I will recommend and serve to guests.

90- Teas I greatly enjoy and will restock often, though I may not always have them on hand.

80 – Good teas that I may purchase occasionally, or drink when I’m in the mood. Perhaps seasonal teas.

70- Enjoyable teas. I wouldn’t turn down a cup but may have to be in the mood to consider. Probably not a consistent in my cupboard.

60- I finished my cup/sample but wouldn’t purchase, and would turn down a cup if there were any other options.

50- Didn’t finish the cup. Would not drink again if offered a cup.

1- Nothing could make me try this tea again. And it has probably reduced my opinion of the entire company.

USA