drank Dong Ding by thepuriTea

I’m pretty sure this is my first ever dong ding… I’ve tried a lot of higher altitude varietals, but not one of these before. I just got done teaching the first class of the semester, then gossiping with faculty about other people in our field, so I’ve been talking a lot and my throat’s a bit sore. :D A nice oolong should help, I think.

It certainly smells nice… buttery and creamy and floral and a hint vegetal. And I’m really enjoying the flavors as well! Nicely floral, creamy mouthfeel, a bit of buttery vegetables. I’m thinking I need to try dong dings more often! I really like combo of the dark florals with the buttery, creamy notes. Now I feel like I should try more dong dings before I go to China, but alas I am on a tea buying moratorium.

TeaBrat

I loved Naivetea’s version of the dong ding – have you tried that yet?

Spoonvonstup

Ooh! You’re going to China? Also, congrats on finishing the first class of semester, and congrats on your first dong ding! Here’s hoping your students are all good ones.

Dinosara

Amy – I haven’t tried Naivetea’s dong ding yet, although I do want to now! I didn’t order the heritage oolong sampler set, but I wish I had. Next time!

Spoonvonstup – Yup, in a couple of months for some research. And thanks, I hope this will be a good class!

Spoonvonstup

Very cool! I hope you can pick up some Mandarin while you’re there (or find Chinese speaking-friends) so you can visit a tea market.

Comments

TeaBrat

I loved Naivetea’s version of the dong ding – have you tried that yet?

Dinosara

Spoonvonstup

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US