Sample from teamore! Thank you kindly.
For starters, I’m not fond of astringency to tea. It’s a huge turn-off to me when I’m trying a new tea. I understand that yes, it doesn’t necessarily mean I steeped it too long, or used water that was too hot, or that there’s some fault in the tea itself. But personally, I don’t enjoy it. Anyway, moving on…
(first steep at three minutes)
The astringency in this cup is very distracting for me. I try to see past it. The more I drink the more I can pick out certain flavors: berry, citrus, floral. A slight creaminess and a vague sweetness. It tastes very green to me somehow. And the citrusy sweet aftertaste it leaves in my mouth is really pleasant, but as I said, it is VERY hard for me to pick it apart from the astringency, even if it is mild. I’m really sensitive to it. It could still be my fault; I didn’t wait very long after heating water to near-boiling….okay, I’m trying this again. Second steep here we go. I’m really hoping it was an error on my part.
(second steep at four minutes)
Astringency has stepped off a bit. It’s juicy and it dries my mouth a little. I’m getting more of the creamy-floral notes underscored by citrus. Still, this is not likely to be a tea that I find myself wanting more of in the future. I have enough to experiment a little more, thankfully, as I will. I just don’t think this is to my taste.
Thanks again teamore! I am still glad I had the chance to try this.