Teavivre Sample #2:

Green tea…

This one is supposed to smell/taste like chestnuts, I guess. Being totally honest, I know very little about Dragon Well teas. The leaves themselves look very similar to DAVIDsTEA’s green tea base used in Hot Lips, which is a flavoured green tea that I actually like a fair bit. However, I think Hot Lips has a sencha bae like most of their flavoured green teas – anyone know for sure? Maybe that’s a stupid question – I don’t know.

I don’t smell chestnuts in the dry leaf. I do smell grass. Still, this is less vegetal smelling than most straight green teas I’ve smelled.

I steeped 1 tsp. in about 80 degree water for a minute. There isn’t really a strong smell coming from the liquor of this one, that’s good because it’s not too seaweedy or grassy and bad because I have no idea what I’m going to taste.

Actually, I really like this one! With the exception of the Butiki Teas that Lala sent me, this is probably tied as my favourite alongside the Jasmine Pearls – so far anyway. It tastes light and buttery, with almost some nuttiness to it. In a lot of ways it’s reminding me of the Genmaicha I bought at McQuarries.

I think I could drink this on a regular basis – and I’d be open to trying different varieties of Dragon Well too.

I think I need to retreat to my room though, and come back to the rest of the samples in an hour or so – Tre’s watching Vines or Youtube videos or something like that, and every ten seconds or so he breaks out into really obnoxious laughter. It’s kinda disrupting my “restful Sunday” and the calm tea drinking atmosphere I’ve got going on…

Lala

HOORAY! Glad you found one that you like!

Roswell Strange

As am I! My job interview is on Tuesday, and it’ll put me in the same mall as one of the two DAVIDsTEA’s in Saskatoon so I might go pick up 10g of DT’s Dragonwell as a comparison. If I can find a Dragon Well tea more conveniently located that I like to drink then I’ll be a happy person.

Roswell Strange

Geez, if I get hired so close to a DT that could be a dangerous thing…