drank Earl Grey by Gloria Jean's

Oversteeped it today. However, since I got this tin 50% off due to its “best before” date, which was Sept 15th, oversteeping it doesn’t really hurt it any. Maybe it’s a little bitter.

I also added a tsp of organic honey. My housemate insisted that I buy the organic kind, because “It comes from good bees.” It was only $1 more than the non-organic kind, so I was like, OK, fine. But it really is nice stuff. It complements the bergamot well, and it helps with the bit of oversteeping-bitterness I mentioned.

All in all, a very well-rounded and flavorfully balanced cup today.

Hello! I’m an American college student, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I like green teas as long as they are blended with fruit and/ or spices, and I LOVE them when they’re blended with floral notes.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.