Sencha Premier

Green Tea
Butter, Flowers, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Shizuoka region of Japan. Special occasions call for a Japanese tea that is truly sublime. Our ‘Sencha Premier’ is just such tea. Made only from the dark green leaves gathered in the treasured first (early spring) flush, this tea infuses with an aroma and taste unsurpassed by any other. If you enjoy green tea, do not miss an opportunity to revel in this unique treat.

About Adagio Teas View company

The very green, very thin almost grass-like looking leaves produce a very appealing golden liquor. The aroma can only be described as “nautical”. The flavor is sublime, a comforting green tea.

I was itching for a green today and found an old sample tin of this that I hadn’t tried yet, so I brewed up a big mug of this and it hit the spot. Note: DO NOT follow Adagios directions. This should be brewed about two minutes maximum, preferably around a minute.

This tasted a bit too grassy for me. I tried steeping less but it didn’t help. Was better with some sugar. It does have these strangely addicting taste that makes me want to keep trying it though.

This tea was way better when preparing it correctly, in a teapot on the stove with a thermometer.