Summer Rose

Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

From Adagio Teas

Our Summer Rose tea invokes the sweet lingering fragrance of late summer roses winding up a garden trellis. Mellow and deliciously floral, this rose tea is balanced with the bright briskness of a Ceylon black tea. Served hot or iced, it will bring to mind green lawns, porch swings and sunny warm days.

Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

About 85% of teas I drink are unflavored. However, I’m always on the look out for a good rose tea as it is probably my favorite.

My recent purchases:
English Rose by Davids tea
Rose Scented by Harney & Sons
Summer Rose by Adagio teas

I have to say I prefer Adagio’s version. The rose flavor is not too overwhelming, it’s not too oily and it also has a lovely lemony undertone that reminds me of a Hybrid Tea Rose.
My least favorite was Rose Scented by Harney & Sons which was quite surprising because their flavored teas are usually great. Just did not care for this particular one.

I love black tea and rose. It’s a lovely flavor combination. Sweet and floral.

Tried this iced this morning and the rose comes through much better, but isn’t overwhelming.

I love this tea. Chances are that whenever I buy from Adagio, this is part of my order. It’s just rosy enough so that it’s sweet and floral, but not to the degree that I feel like I’m drinking shampoo.

It is not that I cannot smell rose or even taste it when it’s there. Just to be on the safe side, however, I invited a couple of friends, who don’t share my obsession with roses, to try the tea with me. The tea smells rosy in the bag. When brewed, it must be okay for people who don’t like roses. We couldn’t smell the rose in the brewed tea—hot or iced. It is black tea, slightly bitter, but not much else. I’ve tried a couple of other teas by Adagio and have liked them, but this is not one of them. The very name “Summer Rose” presupposes that someone who truly wants to experience a rose scent or flavor would purchase it and not someone who dislikes floral notes in tea in general. (I used the instructions on the bag for brewing.)

Overall, my experience with rose teas has been disappointing. When it comes to floral teas, I think I’ll stick with jasmine for the foreseeable future.