Summer Rose

Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

From Adagio Teas

Our Summer Rose tea invokes the sweet lingering fragrance of late summer roses winding up a garden trellis. Mellow and deliciously floral, this rose tea is balanced with the bright briskness of a Ceylon black tea. Served hot or iced, it will bring to mind green lawns, porch swings and sunny warm days.

Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

About 85% of teas I drink are unflavored. However, I’m always on the look out for a good rose tea as it is probably my favorite.

My recent purchases:
English Rose by Davids tea
Rose Scented by Harney & Sons
Summer Rose by Adagio teas

I have to say I prefer Adagio’s version. The rose flavor is not too overwhelming, it’s not too oily and it also has a lovely lemony undertone that reminds me of a Hybrid Tea Rose.
My least favorite was Rose Scented by Harney & Sons which was quite surprising because their flavored teas are usually great. Just did not care for this particular one.

Please keep things friendly and .

I love black tea and rose. It’s a lovely flavor combination. Sweet and floral.

Please keep things friendly and .

Tried this iced this morning and the rose comes through much better, but isn’t overwhelming.

Please keep things friendly and .

I love this tea. Chances are that whenever I buy from Adagio, this is part of my order. It’s just rosy enough so that it’s sweet and floral, but not to the degree that I feel like I’m drinking shampoo.

Please keep things friendly and .

I adore rose, and cold steeped, this stuff is magic. I like it with a little sweetener so it tastes a bit like candied roses.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

I have now reached 300 tasting notes. Exciting, isn’t it? Anyway, this tea has a stronger rose scent brewed. The flavour is bit milder compared to other rose teas I’ve had. It still has that nice floral flavour to it.

Since it’s a ‘Summer’ tea, maybe I should have a cold brew.

Flavors: Rose

boychik

Congrats!!!

Please keep things friendly and .

Tea Sipper reviewed this tea earlier today, and after reading her positive notes on it I decided it was time to open my own bag of Summer Rose that has been sitting untouched in my cupboard for months now. I ordered it thinking it would help chase away my winter blues, but then I was worried that it would be too rosy. I’m a big chicken that way.

Turns out that this is a really nice tea! The smell is all rose. Strong rose. Once brewed, however, the taste is a nice balance between the base tea and the rose flavor. The base tea is smooth and has a lemon note which makes me think it’s a Ceylon . There is no astringency and no bitterness. The lemon note is light, but it’s undeniably there, and it combines with the rose beautifully. The rose flavor is no where near as strong in taste as it is in smell. In fact, as the tea cools the rose notes become harder to pick up. That was disappointing, but overall I has a very pleasant experience with this tea. It’ll be in high rotation this summer. I may even try it cold brewed.

Thanks Tea Sipper for your great review on this one! :) I’m glad I listened to you and gave it a try.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #23
Sometimes rose doesn’t like to actually make itself known when it’s actually in a tea blend. Usually it just looks pretty. But when this says rose, it actually means rose! It’s bordering on potpourri here. But it’s tasty anyway. I love Adagio’s black tea base – it pairs with anything with the perfect amount of robustness. And if this is Ceylon, it’s my favorite Ceylon. But the rose is definitely there (probably because it is both petals AND rose oil) and sometimes very sweet. A couple more teaspoons of this one in the teabox! Some nice ones so far!

Veronica

I have an unopened bag of this in my stash. I ordered it over the winter when I was longing for summer, but then I chickened out and didn’t try it. Maybe I’ll crack it open today.

Tea Sipper

I hope you like it!

inguna

This is one of my favorite teas from Adagio.

Please keep things friendly and .

It is not that I cannot smell rose or even taste it when it’s there. Just to be on the safe side, however, I invited a couple of friends, who don’t share my obsession with roses, to try the tea with me. The tea smells rosy in the bag. When brewed, it must be okay for people who don’t like roses. We couldn’t smell the rose in the brewed tea—hot or iced. It is black tea, slightly bitter, but not much else. I’ve tried a couple of other teas by Adagio and have liked them, but this is not one of them. The very name “Summer Rose” presupposes that someone who truly wants to experience a rose scent or flavor would purchase it and not someone who dislikes floral notes in tea in general. (I used the instructions on the bag for brewing.)

Overall, my experience with rose teas has been disappointing. When it comes to floral teas, I think I’ll stick with jasmine for the foreseeable future.