Apricot Black

Black Fruit Blend
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jude

• “I know I've had other apricot flavored blacks-Adagio comes to mind-but it has been a while and now I'm really wondering why. The aroma of the dry leaf is SO amazing (if you like apricot, which I...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “sitting in the library waiting for hours five, six and seven of classes to start and thought i'd play catch up. if i go light on the word count i could stop at 'wow'. add to that 'damn' (because i...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 376 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

A delicious black tea blended with sweet apricots and flowers. Great hot or iced!

Temperature: 200F
Infusion Time: 4 Minutes
Caffeine Level: Medium
Origin: Blend

About American Tea Room View company

I know I’ve had other apricot flavored blacks-Adagio comes to mind-but it has been a while and now I’m really wondering why.

The aroma of the dry leaf is SO amazing (if you like apricot, which I do). Seriously, it’s downright juicy. It’s sort of between a fresh apricot smell and a dried apricot smell, but not the very dry dried apricots, the plump juicy ones. The dry leaf is also attractive. I am such a sucker for petals in tea. I don’t know what kind these are or whether they are here just for decoration, but either way I love how they look. I also just love the idea of putting petals in tea solely for decoration. If I made teas, I’d do that. ;-)

I have to brush up on my black leaf identification skills to be able to tell what’s in the base. The liquor is a sort of reddish amber, which is what I associate with Ceylons, but I am too rusty to attempt a definitive I.D. here. The aroma of the steeped tea carries over the apricot notes from the dry leaf very nicely. There’s still a juicy apricot quality, which is pretty wonderful, but the tea is present in the aroma as well.

After all of this ramp up, I was a little concerned I might find the taste a let down, but I didn’t have to worry. I taste the apricot front and center. It retains that wonderful juicy component without being overpowering, and that flavor persists into the finish. There’s nothing fake about the apricot flavor, nothing jammy or cloying. The tea flavor takes something of a back seat, but that’s okay with me because the flavor is so well done. There’s some astringency in the aftermath, and that may help to keep the apricot in the aftertaste fresh and sweet.

I like.

Nxtdoor

Gawd… I abandoned an ATR cart this morning. Sigh. I had just spent my budget for January on my last David order. Hurry up February.

Fjellrev

I abandoned my ATR cart last night but am still thinking about it. Stupid coupon.

__Morgana__

I know, right? I have to content myself with adding to the shopping list for the foreseeable future, coupons or no.

sitting in the library waiting for hours five, six and seven of classes to start and thought i’d play catch up.

if i go light on the word count i could stop at ‘wow’. add to that ‘damn’ (because i just got a sample size), and ‘jam’ or maybe ‘more!!!!’……. do exclamation points count as extra words?

i have no idea what’s going on with ATR. i don’t now if they’re refining, reviewing, tweaking- all of the above? pretty sure it isn’t my tongue. needless to say they have impressed me immensely lately whereas before they were interesting, but not incredible. goes to show businesses improve and bring their products along for the ride.

this blend is apricot jam. a hint of the stone is detectable, convincing me that it’s fresh in my cup.

awesome. now for some last minute reading……

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
American Tea Room

we’re happy you’re happy….and yes we do refine some of our blends from time to time….most recently Choco*Latte – thanks for noticing :)

JustJames

per my palate i detect your schedule as more frequent than ‘from time to time’! quite excellent! love it love it love it.