Fu Shou Shan

Asparagus, Butter, Floral, Melon, Vegetal, Flowers, Pine
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Our Fu Shou Shan utilizes the Ching Xin varietal and originates from Taichung County in Taiwan at a high altitude of approximately 8,500 feet. Fu Shou Shan is the second highest peak in the Lishan Range, exceeding even Lishan Mountain “Pear Mountain”, for which the mountain range is named. This lightly oxidized tea (approximately 15-20%) is also known as “The Presidents Tea”. Fu Shou Shan is grown in an area that is covered with clouds and fog which creates a moist environment. Due to the high elevation, this region is cooler which means the plants will mature at a slower rate, causing the tea to be full-bodied with a sweet and gentle melon flavor. Orchid notes are predominant and linger long. Light asparagus and grass notes peak their way throughout each sip. Fresh churned butter notes are also noticeable. This well-crafted, high grade tea has a silky mouthfeel and is exceptionally refreshing.

Ingredients: Taiwan Oolong Tea

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

Bukiti TTB. A nice refreshing oolong. Smooth flavors. A bit vegetal, I’m not picking up as much asparagus as others but maybe that will come with more steeps.’s a bit floral but only for the first few seconds; then its…. sweet grass, slight cream, maybe very lightly fruity?

Second steep just as good. Kinda over steeped it but it’s still good. No bitterness. A bit more vegetal a little less fruity.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Butiki Teas

FYI, the Fu Shou Shan from the Educational TTB is probably different than the one we sold. :)

This tea is so great. So great.
I’m tasting butter and spinach and ‘green’. I’m happy I bought the mystery box to get this one as I wouldn’t have tried it otherwise.

I’ll have to buy it somewhere else once I’m done!

haha one i never tried lol

Cavocorax

You want a cup? I think I’ve got a few left!

only if you can spare!

Cavocorax

I’m sure I can. :D I’ll go set some aside!

I found a packet of this (along with the other remnants of a Butiki order) hiding under a bunch of GoldenTeaTips packages.

It’s certainly a lovely floral green oolong. I’m afraid I’ve been not brewing it to it’s potential. The weather here has been so crazy this past week. I’ve been brewing big pots of it in the evenings, and letting them cool overnight, then pouring then over ice in the morning. The effect is diluted, and I’m sure some of the more subtle notes are lost this way. Mostly I’m just enjoying it. =)

This was one from the mystery box. Two ounces of this one leaves it pretty pricy! I didn’t really want to follow Butiki’s brewing instructions with this one since I’m used to using boiling water/ short steep times on oolongs these days. But I’ll try it their way and then my way another day. Should I mention I’ve been using a Finum basket I bought from Butiki! I love having two brew baskets so I can leave tea in both and not worry about cramming a second tea in one of the infusers that only holds a teaspoon. Before it was tough to figure out a second tea to have because it needed room for more than one teaspoon.

Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp // 25 min after boiling // 3 min steep
The dry leaves have a very fresh sweet scent to them. The flavor to me is very light, like I should have steeped it my way. At least I didn’t make it bitter! The flavor is a little milky, fruity, fresh, buttery, floral — not savory as much. Not as magical as I thought, considering the price.

Steep #2 // 7 min after boiling // 2 min
This cup certainly wasn’t ruined with these parameters, but it doesn’t seem like it was steeped perfectly. There was a hint of too-hot-temp flavor. But otherwise it’s more butter. Seems to be bordering on savory. I wish there was more depth to this one.

Steep #3 // just boiled // 2-3 min
This cup wasn’t ruined either, less oversteeped flavor than the last cup unless you count a little bit of a tanginess. Very tasty, almost addicting. Very buttery, just like the color of the cup. I think this one could keep going for many steeps. It’s a great oolong but not my favorite. If I knew the exact parameters to use for my tastes, it might help. I’ll try it again soon!

Edited to add: Another steep session: Tried again with one teaspoon, and it turned out much different, though I can’t say how. Also very consistent three steeps. There wasn’t any oversteeped flavor, even at boiling.
1 tsp // rinse // pretty close to boiling each time // 1 min // 1 1/2 min // 3 min

This may be the only oolong, at least with Stacy’s steeping parameters, where I enjoy the first steep the most. Usually it takes somewhere between the 2nd-4th.

I’m getting quite a bit of melon and floral butter in this cup- it’s as good of a send off as I could’ve hoped for!

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Melon

I would say this is a fairly vegetal, grassy tasting oolong. I like it a lot more than I would have just a year ago. A year ago this would have been way too vegetal. It also has an undercurrent of a buttery note there too.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 4 min.

Flavors: Vegetal

This Fu Shou Shan has a very flowery presence, some light buttery vegetal notes and is rather creamy. There’s also a good deal of foresty, pine like notes.

All around a pretty solid Taiwanese oolong. Nothing surprising, but pretty good.

Flavors: Butter, Flowers, Pine, Vegetal

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 30 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

This is a sample sipdown from Stacy, & it is absolutely beautiful. The creaminess is amazing, it’s very sweet & buttery, almost like a light caramel sauce, & the floral quality immediately brought yellow flowers to mind. Thanks Stacy!!