Assam Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “The morning cuppa. Not my very favorite tea due the extreme briskness, but it has a bit of oompf for the morning time. Better with some soymilk to mellow it out. Someday I'd like to try some other...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2539 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! i really like this one. I seem to find F&M's bolder teas to be quite delicious. this one was a lovely bold tea that was perfect for this early morning. ” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from *NofarS*, this was my first cup of the day. A nice bold Assam, I steeped the leaf twice, first @ 3 min & then again @ 5. It's been a few hours since I drank it, so all I can...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3046 tasting notes
  • “This is a bold Assam. Not for it the mellowness of meeker Assams, or the timidness of Assam blends. You will get a sharp caffeine kick from drinking it, and the malty flavours are coupled with a...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 412 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

Assam tea, indigenous to India’s steamy Brahmaputra Valley, is one of the world’s oldest varieties. Made from the delicate leaf tips of the Assam tea bush, its full-bodied and robust character makes it an ideal companion to a really special breakfast.

Taste and strength
Full-bodied and robust

When to Drink
Best in the morning

Origin
Assam

Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Serve with milk or brew lighter and drink without milk.

Storage advice
Airtight container, preferably a tea caddy.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

The morning cuppa. Not my very favorite tea due the extreme briskness, but it has a bit of oompf for the morning time. Better with some soymilk to mellow it out. Someday I’d like to try some other teas from Fortnum & Mason.

sipdown! i really like this one. I seem to find F&M’s bolder teas to be quite delicious. this one was a lovely bold tea that was perfect for this early morning.

gmathis

“Tippy” in any tea generally means highly tasty! And it’s just fun to say “tippy.”

haha agreed!

Another tea from NofarS, this was my first cup of the day.
A nice bold Assam, I steeped the leaf twice, first @ 3 min & then again @ 5. It’s been a few hours since I drank it, so all I can really say is I enjoyed it & it was nicely satisfying. Thanks Nofar!

This is a bold Assam. Not for it the mellowness of meeker Assams, or the timidness of Assam blends. You will get a sharp caffeine kick from drinking it, and the malty flavours are coupled with a brisk bitterness and a notable astringency that loves to be tamed by milk-and-sugar. Today I’m drinking it with a bit of maple syrup, since I want to feel at least some of its invigorating bitterness, and no milk. It is a great morning companion that I may have to relegate to the office, since it is getting woefully neglected at home.
The caddy is the wonderful F&M caddy (very beautiful, extremely functional, great for stacking), and the dry leaves are a mosaic of warm walnut brown with flashes of gold in between. It smells deliciously dusky, as if warning of you of the potent kick that it holds.

For now there’s a ceasefire, which is good. Let’s see how long it holds. Yesterday wasn’t great with two terrorist attacks in Jerusalem, and a coworker’s son that is in critical condition in hospital. He’s been stabilized, but is still far from recovery.
Where there is tea there is hope.

I’m so sorry too hear about your coworkers son. I hope for all of you, the ceasefire lasts. :(

DigniTea

Thinking ceasefire and peaceful resolution. Be well and be safe.

TheTeaFairy

That’s so sad, hoping for your friend’s son to pull through…wishing for peace every single day.

gmathis

Some days you need a tea that is neither mellow nor meek! Glad you have one handy!

boychik

Thinking of you and people of Israel . I have rallies in New York. Wishing this madness to be over

NofarS

I wish it will all be over too. We’ve had the first quiet day in three weeks, as the ceasefire seems to be holding this time. My friend’s son is out of the ICU but nowhere near getting released from hospital. But at least he’s doing better and is alive, so we are hoping for the best.

ashmanra