Red Biluo Single Bud

Baked Bread, Cocoa, Floral, Honey, Malt, Stonefruits, Sweet Potatoes, Toast
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I received a sample of this from *yyz*. Thank you so much. This is awesome. Fantastic snail type black tea. Sweet, malty, hint of chocolate, smooth, just plain YUMMY! ” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 734 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! The first time I tried this I was a little distracted and noticed only the predominant sweet potato and dark sweetness. This morning's cup really hit the spot. I'm still getting the...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 226 tasting notes
  • “Trying another tea from Han Xiang Ecological Tea via AliExpress this morning! I'm very happy to have new and exciting Yunnan teas in the house! Some of these may end up going in the cupboard, but I...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 605 tasting notes
  • “Opening up the bag, i was greeted by the rich scent of cocoa and molasses, which eminated from the pile of golden, downy, corkscrews of the biluochun black tea contained within. They looked like...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 380 tasting notes

From Han Xiang Ecological Tea

Product Details

Name: Red Biluo single bud (bi luo chun black)
Brand: Hop Cheong Hin
Production process: Kung Fu Tea Dianhong
Type: Loose tea
Production date: 2014
Specifications: 125g
Publisher: Kunming Hop Cheong Hin Tea Limited Package
Shelf life: 36 months

About Han Xiang Ecological Tea View company

I received a sample of this from yyz. Thank you so much.

Good choice!! :))

couple ppl have reviewed this recently. going to need to try it out. I wasn’t a fan of WP’s snaily tea…

Dexter

Sil – I think this is a lot like WP snaily tea…. I happen to really like the WP version, but the price of this one is a lot more reasonable…

Yay for reasonable pricing! I liked the snails tea from tribute, I think it was that Terri shared…unless it was YS….uh. Yeah… Lol tooo many new teas recently

Sipdown!

This morning’s cup really hit the spot. I’m still getting the sweet potato and molasses, but I’m also noticing some spiciness. The mouthfeel is lovely – has some heft/thickness to it.

This is ridiculously good! Thank you so much for sharing Cameron B! Need MORE of this!!

Cameron B.

I’m so glad you like it! :D

neat!

yyz

Inspired me to have some this morning!

scribbles

Isn’t this just so nom nom nommies?!!

yyz

Definitely! I’ve already purchased it twice.

Dexter

Drinking this today too. It’s really good. :))

scribbles

Cool!! :D I definitely hafta put an order in.

Trying another tea from Han Xiang Ecological Tea via AliExpress this morning! I’m very happy to have new and exciting Yunnan teas in the house! Some of these may end up going in the cupboard, but I have to try them all first to determine whether or not they’re keepers. I must say, these are very generous samples for only two bucks, especially since I got three baggies of some of them when I was only supposed to get two! Plus free samples! Anyway, this tea. It looks similar to the other biluochun black tea I’ve had (the Whispering Pines version). The little curls are almost all golden, with some little black stripes mixed in. Dry scent is mild and honey-sweet with stonefruit notes.

Brewed, this tea smells strongly of sweet potatoes. Yum! There are also bread and nice sweet honey scents. This tea is lovely and malty with a rich sweet potatoey taste that fills the mouth. Underneath the sweet potato is a nice bready quality that reminds me of light, crisp, crusty toast with honey spread over the top. Near the end of the sip and in the aftertaste, I taste faint stonefruit notes and something that seems a bit floral. Overall, very tasty!

I need to do a 3-way tasteoff between this tea and the Whispering Pines and Yunnan Sourcing versions (as soon as I order the YS one, teehee).

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cocoa, Floral, Honey, Malt, Stonefruits, Sweet Potatoes, Toast

They looked like this: http://instagram.com/p/pCIOe-mKxW/

or for better pictures go to the product description:

I used 1 TSP of leaf/170ml Taiwan/@ 92*C and brewed it 8 times (60,45,45,60,90,120s, 180s, 5 min)

After an initial steep of 1 minute I had a just deeper than sepia brown broth with a gold a greenish brown ring at edges of the cup, with some bubbles on top while brewing. Future steeps had a warmer honey brown coloured brew with the surrounding ring.

This tea had a scent of cocoa, molasses/ dark honey tone, sweet potato, light spice cinnamon touched with nutmeg, a hint of citrus, a hint of clover.

This tea consistently maintained cocoa, dark honey, and malt tones. It also had roasted sweet potato, clover flowers, cream, citrus, plum, amber and spice notes. Generally the cocoa, honey, malt and sweet potato notes generally competed for dominance. The first steep tasted very much like scalded milk hot chocolate and was very creamy. Overall I am very happy with this tea!

1 min. Cocoa, floral clover note, dark honey, hint of spice from a smoke/ roasted note, almost an amber tone, which as it cools develops into a tone that when mixed with cocoa reminds me of hot chocolate made with scalded milk. hint of citrus and the brighter tones of malt, slight hint of cooked plum it feels creamy on the tongue.

45s Roasted sweet potato, cocoa, honey, citrus tones of malt, plum, cinnamon, cream. There are stronger chocolate and malt notes, with hints of clover and dark honey/molasses. It feels tingling from spice tones in the front of the mouth. Sweet potato note mixed with cocoa, citrus and plum tones and opens up to a cream tone that blends with the other flavours. this steep is much more tannic than the first one.

45s. Cocoa, roasted sweet potato, honey, citrus floral note, spice, and plum, before opening up to the deeper tones of malt.

60s. Roasted sweet potato, honey, malt and citrus tones, cocoa and spice.

90s. Malt, cocoa and honey, sweet potato, citrus tones, less spice.

120s, honey, sweet potato,slight floral , malt, very faint touch of cocoa.

180s. And 5 min. Malt, honey, cocoa.

boychik

This sounds so yummy that I’m getting hungry. Its great when you buy a tea and you like it. i get dissappointed like a baby starting blaming myself. Enjoy :-)

chadao

Wow, I’ve never heard of a black bi luo chun before. You make it sound amazing.

yyz

Thanks. I’ve had a few. There seems to be something about the processing that seem to intensify the cocoa, but and honey tones. This one is definitely the creamiest and most chocolate rich one that I have had. The others have been less tippy and more malty.

yyz

But = but. I don’t really understand why autocorrect changed that;)