Black Fruit Blend
Fruity, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “thank you *fiddling* for this sample! I am a fan of mangos so i am always interested in trying out mango teas. There's a bit of floral-ness to this tea which had me a bit wary but the mango taste...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “The idea of a mango flavored black tea intrigued me, so I got a sample of this with my first H&S order. Mango is a flavor I usually see as part of a larger cornucopia of fruit flavors in a tisane...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Finally getting around to tasting this one. I had opened it up to sniff, fully intending on making some, then I promptly forgot about it. Also, I've been concentrating on using up other teas that I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “A sample from *Courtney*. Dry, this smells soooo much like fresh, juicy mango. Mango is a first for me when it comes to flavoured black tea. I've had one before, I think, in a Whittard's sampler,...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

A hearty black tea, bursting with Mango flavor. Close your eyes and you might think you are in the tropics. Terrific hot, but just as wonderful over ice.

About Harney & Sons View company

thank you fiddling for this sample! I am a fan of mangos so i am always interested in trying out mango teas. There’s a bit of floral-ness to this tea which had me a bit wary but the mango taste of this one far outpowers the subtle floral notes. As this cools it becomes even more deliciously mango-y. I think this might warrant a try at a cold brew just to see how it fares. Or maybe this is hot brew, cool down worthy lol either way, thank you fiddling!

The idea of a mango flavored black tea intrigued me, so I got a sample of this with my first H&S order. Mango is a flavor I usually see as part of a larger cornucopia of fruit flavors in a tisane or with a green tea base. It seems a fairly delicate flavor, and I wondered how it would stand up to black tea.

In the packet it does smell amazingly of a single fruit flavor, mango. The first time I made some of this I accidentally made it too strong. My boyfriend loves mango so he wanted some, and so I meant to make twice the amount I normally make in the Breville. I measured out the right amount of tea but then got distracted with something else and ended up only putting in half the amount of water I was supposed to. The result was very strong, but tasty. However, not how I expect this was meant to be. So I tried again, this time with the right amount of water.

The aroma is very mango-y, with a floral bent. The tea is very nice as well. There’s nothing artificial tasting about the flavor, which is sometimes an issue with fruit flavoring. It’s a substantial flavor, but the tea is still present underneath, and its a flavorful, smooth, sweet black, particularly in the aftertaste.

Although I’m not a big iced tea maker, I think this one would make a really nice iced tea as well.

Rabs

“You can’t hava the Mango!” ::slap!::

I think that I have a problem.

AmazonV

you seem to have that stuck in your head dear :) perhaps time to google and find more funny mango clips?

Rabs

LOL! Yeah, I know. Perhaps I’ll do so for the next mango tea… ;)

__Morgana__

Heee heeee!

Finally getting around to tasting this one. I had opened it up to sniff, fully intending on making some, then I promptly forgot about it. Also, I’ve been concentrating on using up other teas that I have a lot of. I am so tired of Whittard’s Earl Grey, guys. You don’t even know.

Anyway! The dry leaf’s aroma is fantastic. Bright, sweet citrus, almost exactly like starfruit! Sure, it smells like mango, too, but a little sharper and more tart. As it brews, it smells so much like Adagio’s Guanabana. (Which makes me happy, because I love that tea.) It also reminds me of Adagio’s old Mango flavor, the one they used to sell in the mid-2000’s. They’ve changed it since then and I don’t like it as much.

Despite how dark the brew gets, the black tea aspect is actually pretty mellow. No bitterness and hardly any astringency. It has a sort of perfumey quality, mostly in the nose, but also a bit in the aftertaste. The mango flavor is not tart at all like I was expecting. It’s like the inside of soft, ripe mango. This is definitely going to get reordered. Most realistic mango tea I’ve ever had. I love it.

A sample from Courtney. Dry, this smells soooo much like fresh, juicy mango. Mango is a first for me when it comes to flavoured black tea. I’ve had one before, I think, in a Whittard’s sampler, but it was really no great shakes. This is my first Harney and Sons tea too, do a double first.

Brewed, this retains the sweet, juicy scent that it has dry. It’s not screaming mango as much as I felt it did initially, but it’s still decidedly fruity. I have added tiny splash of milk, though, so that might account for the slight dulling. Fortunately, the mango returns in the first sip. It’s juicy, slightly peppery, and seems to bob along on the surface of the black tea base, so you get a kind of two-tiered taste. Initially there’s the mango flavour, and that slowly gives way to a fairly robust black base. It’s pleasant without being overpowering.

As flavoured blacks go, I think this is a pretty successful one. I can definitely taste mango, and it seems pretty natural which is what counts when it comes to fruit flavouring. I only have the one cup, but it’s definitely one I’d try again if the opportunity arose. Thanks again to Courtney for sharing this with me!

This tea is well done for mango black tea. Mango is not something I’d expect to be in black tea alone.

The mango flavour is very much there, but not fake in any way or overpowering. The black tea base is nice and compliments the mango flavour well.

This tastes like mango jelly on rye bread!!

The flavor is full of malt and breadiness. Very full-bodied and “chewy”. And there’s this grain-like “tartness”—similar to rye or pumpernickel. Overlaid with a candied dried mango taste—which not very strong but it’s definitely noticeable and lends a fruity lightness.

I’m surprised how how good this is. It doesn’t taste synthetic and all! And I love the bready flavor. So (like I’ve said before about bready teas) it’s like freshly baked bread without the bloat!

Yeah, this is pretty delicious.

I’m trying to work my way through my piles and piles of samples.

Opening this, all I smell is mangos. And unlike some of the teas I’ve tried recently, the scent is not the least bit artificial. It made me really want an actual mango, and I was a little nervous to try the tea, for fear it wouldn’t be enough.

It’s not, quite, but it’s absolutely delicious and it did satisfy my craving. It tastes very juicy and fruity and wonderful and, like the scent, is not the least bit artificial. It would be great iced, and it’s fantastic hot, although I still really want to eat a mango now. I’m definitely adding a tin to my next Harney & Sons order.

Meh – I just don’t think I like black teas with fruit flavors. Whatchagonna do?

So great. Makes a superb iced tea. We used to drink this whenever we had lunch at the late, great Takashimaya New York. Nice, fruity natural mango flavor, not too perfumy. You still know you’re drinking a black tea. Can’t say enough good things about this tea – one of my favorites!

Flavors: Fruity, Mango

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Aroma: Sweet, fruity almost like candy, fairly strong but pleasant
Liquor Color: Burgundy
Liquor Flavor: Smooth black tea base, crisp, natural sweet mango flavor with a hint of floral
Notes: First impression when I smelled the dry tea was very good except I was nervous because the smell was almost too good to be true. Once brewed, I was pleasantly surprised. Smooth base blends well with the mango flavor, not artificial tasting and powerful enough to taste the flavor rather than the base.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML