Teas' Tea Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scatterbrain

From Ito En

Matcha, or powdered green tea, is traditionally used for the tea ceremony. An ideal matcha for every day, our signature Teas’ Tea Matcha welcomes with a crisply defined taste that finishes its flavor cycle with a measure of astringency. Used for “Ousu (usucha)” – Light matcha.

Approx. servings per ounce: 2

Brewing Instructions
tsp: 2
Water: 4 oz
Steeping: 2 teaspoon (Bamboo Tea Scoop) per 4 oz. of spring water at 140F. Whisk thoroughly and enjoy.

www.itoen.com

About Ito En View company

Wow! what a difference the chasen makes to matcha! def. worth every yen i spent on it!!!!!! <3

Back in June, I ordered an Ito En Matcha Gift set from Amazon.com for about $30, that included a chawan (tea bowl), chashaku (bamboo scoop/spoon), chasen (tea whisk) and some matcha tea. I had no idea that the Tea’s Tea ceremonial grade matcha would be so good, and has quickly become my matcha of choice for usucha — or “thin/light tea.” I just checked out Ito En’s website (https://www.itoen.com/matcha-teas-tea-7-oz-can.html) and now they even have it on sale for less than $10 for a tin. A great deal, and now I see they even won an award for this Tea — I am not surprised!

140 °F / 60 °C

For $9.50, this is a surprisingly good matcha. Not bitter, really no complaints at this price point, I would rate it 85 factoring in that it is such a bargain. I have had worse matcha’s that cost twice as much.

Good choice for a daily matcha.

(Again, for any matcha beginners, a bamboo whisk is required- you can use any wide ceramic or pyrex bowl in a pinch, but without the bamboo whisk it just is not going to dissolve or froth up, so it will not taste right)

150 °F / 65 °C

I purchased 2 cans based on the reviews this got. I dont have a strainer so I used a technique I saw on the internet to dry whisk the match in the bowl prior to adding water. This worked famously to remove any clumps! After adding the water and whisking the matcha foamed up perfectly, the color was a dark green. The taste was amazingly smooth with no bitterness. The caffeine kick was amazing. this is a very good everyday usucha for a great price.