Teas' Tea Matcha

Matcha Tea
Matcha Powder
Sweet, warm grass, Umami, Vegetal
High
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Ito En

Matcha, or powdered green tea, is traditionally used for the tea ceremony. An ideal matcha for every day, our signature Teas’ Tea Matcha welcomes with a crisply defined taste that finishes its flavor cycle with a measure of astringency. Used for “Ousu (usucha)” – Light matcha.

Approx. servings per ounce: 2

Brewing Instructions
tsp: 2
Water: 4 oz
Steeping: 2 teaspoon (Bamboo Tea Scoop) per 4 oz. of spring water at 140F. Whisk thoroughly and enjoy.

www.itoen.com

About Ito En View company

Wow! what a difference the chasen makes to matcha! def. worth every yen i spent on it!!!!!!

Back in June, I ordered an Ito En Matcha Gift set from Amazon.com for about $30, that included a chawan (tea bowl), chashaku (bamboo scoop/spoon), chasen (tea whisk) and some matcha tea. I had no idea that the Tea’s Tea ceremonial grade matcha would be so good, and has quickly become my matcha of choice for usucha — or “thin/light tea.” I just checked out Ito En’s website (https://www.itoen.com/matcha-teas-tea-7-oz-can.html) and now they even have it on sale for less than $10 for a tin. A great deal, and now I see they even won an award for this Tea — I am not surprised!

140 °F / 60 °C

For $9.50, this is a surprisingly good matcha. Not bitter, really no complaints at this price point, I would rate it 85 factoring in that it is such a bargain. I have had worse matcha’s that cost twice as much.

Good choice for a daily matcha.

(Again, for any matcha beginners, a bamboo whisk is required- you can use any wide ceramic or pyrex bowl in a pinch, but without the bamboo whisk it just is not going to dissolve or froth up, so it will not taste right)

150 °F / 65 °C

I will not get sick, I will not get sick, I will not get sick…. I’ve been repeating this mantra, and I am busting out every remedy I own. This was definitely something my body could use. This is my staple for matcha. I do treat myself to something new every now and again, but I use this for a general bowl. I believe this to be a fantastic matcha, for the price. It is relatively inexpensive and, when whisked right, comes out to a delicious bowl full of goodness. I usually brew usucha with this so it’s easy to get down. The taste is very buttery and full of umami. I use 6 chaksaku scoops for my bowl (its a glass one that is slightly larger than most). This has a slight vegetal tone and wet grass flavor. I rarely experience a bitter taste and it is always smooth. I’ve had a few other matcha that have been incredibly worse. My local tea shop sells “matcha” which is a puke yellow and causes headaches. This is much better and half the price. There is a lot of matcha out there that is amazingly better but its also triple the cash. This will do for now :) I hope to cure this sickness before it even strikes, hahah. The remedy hunt goes on!

Flavors: Sweet, warm grass, Umami, Vegetal

165 °F / 73 °C
Skulleigh

chants Don’t get sick! (Hope you don’t!)
Your local shop’s match sounds horrible! I just googled yours, and the price looks great, I might have to check it out once I am through my current tin.

Haveteawilltravel

Its still on the edge hahah, I can feel it coming.
The shops matcha is terrible. Its a low quality culinary grade that they sell to people to drink, I can’t stand it. Few people actually realize what they are drinking and chock it up as “thats what matcha is supposed to taste like.”
You should check this one out though hahah its yummy :D

I purchased 2 cans based on the reviews this got. I dont have a strainer so I used a technique I saw on the internet to dry whisk the match in the bowl prior to adding water. This worked famously to remove any clumps! After adding the water and whisking the matcha foamed up perfectly, the color was a dark green. The taste was amazingly smooth with no bitterness. The caffeine kick was amazing. this is a very good everyday usucha for a great price.