Plum Crazy

Edit tea info Last updated by JoysTeaspoon
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Thanks to *Sil* for a sample of this one (via *Azzrian*, I see!) Opening up the tin, I got a whiff of something rather floral, yet still fruity. Not really plum, to me, but I figured I'd try it...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells like a plum...one of those plums that you know is just going to burst when you bite into it and leak juice all over your face. I just wish it tasted as delicious. *Azzrian* sent...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4710 tasting notes
  • “I needed something to clear my palate from my soil sample/divot experience earlier. This is perfect. Rich, ripe plum and black tea. Simple, satisfying, and a pleasure to behold. Reminds me of my...” Read full tasting note
    twing 120 tasting notes
  • “Trying this sample thanks to *JoysTeaspoon*! Thank you! This is delightful, especially on such a warm, sunny day. The fruity plum taste is very strong and well-balanced with the black tea ratio....” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes

From Joy's Teaspoon

A tea so beautiful you will want to decorate with it…we suggest you sip it instead! A blended, black tea that will intoxicate three of your five senses: eyes, nose and mouth! Served in a glass teapot, the color is an unbelievably, rich brown. Touting a sweet plum scent and fresh plum taste you will feel like you’ve been transported to plum heaven!

About Joy's Teaspoon View company

Thanks to Sil for a sample of this one (via Azzrian, I see!)

Opening up the tin, I got a whiff of something rather floral, yet still fruity. Not really plum, to me, but I figured I’d try it anyways. So I wasn’t expecting too much of the tea, which was probably for the best! I have yet to have a tea that really comes off to me as “plum”, and although this is probably the closest I’ve tasted, it still falls much more into the realm of “generic fruit” than plum. Thankfully, though, it isn’t particularly floral, and as well, it is quite smooth, so even though it doesn’t taste like plums, it’s actually quite a pleasant tea to drink! I might try overleafing a bit next time to see if I can coax out a bit more flavour (although I’m a bit worried about making it bitter by doing that).

ETA: Tasty re-steep with similar flavour profile.

This tea smells like a plum…one of those plums that you know is just going to burst when you bite into it and leak juice all over your face. I just wish it tasted as delicious. Azzrian sent me this sample for which I am totally grateful :) I’m thinking maybe I brewed it a little hot so I’d like to give it a try changing the brewing parameters before I rate it – maybe even do a cold brew.

All that being said, it’s not a bad tasting tea…the scent just doesn’t jive with the taste :)

Azzrian

I think I may have had the same feeling on this one Sil.

Reminds me of my younger days and liberating a few ripe red plums from the neighbor’s tree across the street. Steeped, the smell takes me back to my grandmother’s kitchen, waiting patiently to enjoy a spoon full of warm plum preserves she has just canned. Ahh, the good old days.

KeenTeaThyme

This sounds wonderful, especially your description! I’m adding it to my shopping list. :)

teawing

I am so glad I had some impact on you, your descriptions have got me hooked on a few teas!!! :)

KeenTeaThyme

Sharing in the tea addictions… :)

Trying this sample thanks to JoysTeaspoon! Thank you!

This is delightful, especially on such a warm, sunny day. The fruity plum taste is very strong and well-balanced with the black tea ratio. The black tea itself is mellow, and doesn’t sharpen the tea with its bitterness at all. Honestly, this outshines the Adagio Plum I’m always going on about. It’s just so juicy and sweet, and pretty with the bits of dried fruit and flower petals. I love it.

This is going on my Shopping List.

Uniquity

Argh, everything from Joy’s Teaspoon always sounds amazing and tends to have great reviews. This is one I’ve strongly considered a number of times..

Tabby

I would say go for it if you’re really into fruity teas! You got the samples too, right? Because if you didn’t you should request some. :3

Uniquity

I did get the samples…I’ve places two orders since then, lol. The first was of the teas I asked for samples of, then naomi sent another sample with that order which I promptly ordered. Vicious cycle!

Tabby

I’ll probably be joining that cycle eventually, haha. But I have SO much tea to go through before then.

I got this as a sample from Joy’s Teaspoon a while back. Thanks!

First off, this tea really does smell like plums. Fresh, sweet, juicy plums with a hint of some spice to it. Plum jam then, I guess.

The tea does taste rather like plums, too, but lacking in the sweetness… I probably should have added some sugar, in retrospect. As in my last note, I was tempted away from my tea by freshly baked goodies from my suitemates. Half of us decided to go off the meal plan to save money and hopefully eat slightly healthier. I guess the problem is that all of us like to bake things on top of cooking (each of us a different item, too— I deal with pies, another deals with cookies and brownies, and the other any random recipe she can get her hands on). So, if we keep it up at this rate, we’ll have enough baked goods to last us through a zombie apocalypse, heh.

So anyway, the tea was cold by the time I got back to it. I finished it up, and I have to say, I’m pretty sure this would taste wonderful as an iced tea. The one major thing I thought of when sipping it was the poem “This Is Just To Say” by William Carlos Williams, which I’ve cut and pasted here:

I have eaten

so sweet
and so cold

Azzrian

LOL I like that poem.

What can you say about this one that hasn’t already been said. It looks to be a steepster fav!

Perfect for the ride home. . . .Yum-Plums- Yum-Black Tea- Just Yum! Mingles nicely! I feel a Joy’s Teaspoon order coming. . . .

I am starting a new book tonight “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett so I decided to sip a new tea tonight as well. Plum Crazy is super yummy. The plum taste is delicious, just like biting into a perfectly ripe version of the real deal. I like a good black tea at night anyway and the addition of plum is really unique. Re-brewed well too, thankfully because my book is a page turner!

Beth Aguilera

The book is great and I want to try the tea now, too.

Thank for the sample from many months ago.

I find myself craving this tea when it’s cold outside. It is very smooth and flavorful.

Well shoot. I steeped what was left of the sample. Mostly broken tea leaves. Even with the brokenness i can still tell this is a good tea. Mine just lacks some of the plum.

Tea #16 from Considering a new TTB
I was so busy today making Lemon Meringue pie for my blog that I didn’t even have my first cup of tea until after 5pm today. Normally I would have had something left in the fridge just for such an emergency, but I needed room for the pie to cool which means there’s just no room for my usual pitcher of tea. This ended up being a nice choice for my first cup of the day. I really enjoy plum tea and it’s nice to see one that isn’t loaded down with spices and lets the plum shine. Unfortunately I can’t tell you much more than that, I’m in the middle of scarfing down a well deserved piece of pie and can’t taste the subtle flavors of the tea.

Happy Pi Day! If my earlier mention of pie got your craving some you can check out my Pi Day recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie: http://www.notstarvingyet.com/index/2014/3/14/lemon-meringue-pie.html