Grand Yunnan No. 21

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Kusmi Tea

This amazing black tea comes from the Chinese province of Yunnan. Grown in southwestern China, a mountainous area with many streams and rivers, Yunnan tea is well-known for its wonderful scent and flavor. The heat and humidity of this area imparts a subtle tartness and light earthy flavor to this tea.

We suggest to enjoy this tea in the morning.
Main flavor: Rich and earthy

About Kusmi Tea View company

Oooo… this is a good one.

I couldn’t resist the last Rue La La sale on Kusmi certificates and I’m glad I didn’t. I have wanted to try several for quite awhile and now I can! It was an embarrassing wealth of tea that was on my table this afternoon. :)

This was the first one I have tried. It’s super malty and very dark and earthy. A hint of bitter as it cools – I may have oversteeped a tad since it seemed very light in color at 3 minutes.

If this holds up well to a second steep, it will definitely need to be kept in the stash.

SIPDOWN! Thank you again nicole for this one. I haven’t had much luck with kusmi teas until now. THIS is a kumsi tea i can get behind, so i’m inclined to think that maybe it’s just their black teas with bergamot that i don’t enjoy. I think nicole also sent me an assam from the company so i’m interested in seeing whether that one also appeals to me. If so, i’ll stick to Kusmi’s straight teas :) This was unlike other yunnans that i’ve tried. No astringency, not too bold but smooth and delicious! even the resteep was pretty darn good :) Thanks Nicole!