Grand Yunnan No. 21

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Oooo... this is a good one. I couldn't resist the last Rue La La sale on Kusmi certificates and I'm glad I didn't. I have wanted to try several for quite awhile and now I can! It was an...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 423 tasting notes
  • “SIPDOWN! Thank you again *nicole* for this one. I haven't had much luck with kusmi teas until now. THIS is a kumsi tea i can get behind, so i'm inclined to think that maybe it's just their black...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

This amazing black tea comes from the Chinese province of Yunnan. Grown in southwestern China, a mountainous area with many streams and rivers, Yunnan tea is well-known for its wonderful scent and flavor. The heat and humidity of this area imparts a subtle tartness and light earthy flavor to this tea.

We suggest to enjoy this tea in the morning.
Main flavor: Rich and earthy

About Kusmi Tea View company

Oooo… this is a good one.

I couldn’t resist the last Rue La La sale on Kusmi certificates and I’m glad I didn’t. I have wanted to try several for quite awhile and now I can! It was an embarrassing wealth of tea that was on my table this afternoon. :)

This was the first one I have tried. It’s super malty and very dark and earthy. A hint of bitter as it cools – I may have oversteeped a tad since it seemed very light in color at 3 minutes.

If this holds up well to a second steep, it will definitely need to be kept in the stash.

SIPDOWN! Thank you again nicole for this one. I haven’t had much luck with kusmi teas until now. THIS is a kumsi tea i can get behind, so i’m inclined to think that maybe it’s just their black teas with bergamot that i don’t enjoy. I think nicole also sent me an assam from the company so i’m interested in seeing whether that one also appeals to me. If so, i’ll stick to Kusmi’s straight teas :) This was unlike other yunnans that i’ve tried. No astringency, not too bold but smooth and delicious! even the resteep was pretty darn good :) Thanks Nicole!