Orzo Chai

Chai Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 15 oz / 450 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Oh no. Oh nooonono. This is the gamble you take when you purchase a tea with no reviews on it yet. But if this first note deters others from wasting their money on this, then I'm glad some good...” Read full tasting note
    Cathy Zheng 67 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Wild barley from Italy is blended with a variety of spices. Its rich aromatic scent goes perfectly with milk.

About Lupicia View company

1 Tasting Note

Oh no.
Oh nooonono.
This is the gamble you take when you purchase a tea with no reviews on it yet. But if this first note deters others from wasting their money on this, then I’m glad some good came out of it.
Now, I’m not one to shy away from the strange and bitter, but this was so wrong. Dried basil? Yeah, that’s all I can taste in this ‘chai’ orzo. Maybe basil in chai has been done well somewhere, but I think it belongs with savoury food. That aside, this was just so bitter that no amount of milk and sugar could save it. Not even vanilla soy, which can be a last resort to perk up moderately bleh teas, could help this unpalatable blend.
My house consists of people with very varied tastes and not one of them could finish a cup. Wouldn’t give this to an enemy.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML
TheTeaFairy

Lord, thanks for helping me scratch this one off the list to try!