Hua Ki

Black Fruit Blend
Apple, Black Tea, Blue Mallow Blossom, Dried Cranberries, Dried Papaya, Flavouring, Mango, Pineapple, Strawberry Leaves
Artificial, Candy, Cherry, Fruity, Mango, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

2 Images

From Lupicia

Juicy fruits like cut mango, papaya, and pineapple flavor this tea. A refreshing aroma lingering.

A tropical fruits flavoured black tea is luxuriously blended with mango

About Lupicia View company

This is another of the few bagged teas I own. Not only that, it’s also from Lupicia, an anomaly in itself – I generally only buy greens and oolongs from them. Not because I’ve had a bad experience, but their blacks always come off as so very lightly scented, and I tend to go more for really full-bodied, rich black teas.

But hey, this was on sale.

In the bag(s), it smells light and fruity. In the cup, it smells light and fruity. The first taste is also very light and fruity, but the high temperature isn’t really doing it any favours – now that it’s cooled, however, it’s very smooth and light and nice. And yes; fruity.

On the one hand, I feel that Lupicia’s delicate, perfect flavourings are better suited for greens, on the other, I get a craving to fully explore their assortment of blacks, as this is so much more easily drunk than the ones I usually favour.

I’m increasingly aware of this divide in my tea preferences lately – on the one hand, there are all those lush, elegant French blends, and on the other, unassuming, fresh, gorgeous Lupicia everything.

I really love this tea company over any other.

[Purchased at Lupicia in Honolulu, December 2012.]

Exclusive Hawaii Lupicia Blend! This one is loaded with fruity chunks, I had one giant ball of fruit that weighed 3 grams.

The flavor is very fruity as tastes like the ingredients mango, papaya, and pineapple. The base is a malty black. This tea would make a really good iced one!

My sadness is there is another mango papaya in the Hawaii collection, Kuuipo, and 2 other teas that have mango, papaya, and pineapple (so 4 teas out of 8) and 3 of those are the same black tea base. For the entire collection of 8, all are fruity teas except for one – Malama. I wish there was more variety between the collection. As I drink through the set, I’m getting a lot of “tastes kind of samey as the other blend”.

I reviewed a few others awhile back on Oolong Owl

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 7 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

The first steep was more then 2.5 mins. Not sure about the flavor but the dry leaf and fruit smell good. Otherwise I’m not really a fan of this one besides the smell. I’ll give it a couple more goes just in case.

What I really love is the picture on the tin. The mountain image in the background is in Hanalei, Kauai, Hawai’i. One of my favorite places in the world.

It seems like there’s no end to the Lupicia teas that I haven’t tried or heard of—but I’m not complaining!

This one is a black tea with flower petals and numerous dried fruit pieces mixed in. The smell is a cheery mixture of tropical fruits, and pretty much what I think of when I hear “tropical iced tea”. I made this one hot, however. The tea base is light and crisp; no complaints here. The fruit flavors are abundant and vibrant, with pineapple, mango, and probably quite a few others. There is a sort of candy-like sweetness to it. It doesn’t stand out too much from the other mixed-fruits black teas from Lupicia that I’ve tried, but it’s a fun and enjoyable one on its own.

Shared a pot of this one with my sister today! (She’s a mango fan.) This is one of Lupicia’s more complex Hawaiian-inspired teas, with lots of different kinds of fruit. According to the ingredients, there’s mango, papaya, apple, cranberry, and pineapple in here. I can taste each one, I think, if I pay really close attention while I sip. But the overall effect is more of a general “tropical fruit” taste, sweet with just a touch of tartness. It’s well-balanced, and the tea base is on the lighter side (like many of Lupicia’s flavored black teas).

I’m glad to have this one in my cupboard! It’s a great tea to offer tropical fruit lovers. (Though my all-time favorite Lupicia Hawaiian tea is still Palekaiko… But that’s probably because I’m such a ginger fanatic.)

And Lupicia day #2 commences! This one is from Dexter. The black tea leaves are quite small and dark and somewhat broken, and there are crushed dried green leaves and a couple fruit pieces mixed in. Dry scent is extremely sweet and fruity, like sniffing a bowl of tropical fruit hard candies.

The steeped tea also smells sweet and fruity, but more specifically like mango with a touch of pineapple. This tea is definitely full of fruit flavor, and there’s something about it that make it taste like hard candies or gummies (is there cherry…?). I dunno, it’s nice but overall it’s a little too artificial tasting for me. I can see it making a very nice fruity iced tea though.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Cherry, Fruity, Mango, Sweet

evening tea with dinner! I shared this one with variatea and cavocorax and i’m glad i did. 50g would have been too much for me, while a 3 way split is perfect. I am enjoying the flavours in this one – it’s rightly hawaii like without that weird taste a lot of “troical” blacks seem to have. That being said, the few cups i have will be enough to satisfy my curiosity :)

(also anna, if you’re out there, i totally brewed melon oolong the other day according to the instructions…it was hard…)

This is a mild black tea. It has a fruity flavor, but the black tea is not super strong. this tea can be drank without adding any sweetener, but I am sure some of you will prefer it with a little sweetness added.

I received this in a swap from hapatite. Thank you!

This was the last of the three black Lupicia blends she sent. I have to say that this was my favorite. I also decreased the steep time quite a bit which bade the base not so in your face. It was a great tropical fruit tea. I enjoyed this both hot and cold today at work. Thanks again for sharing these special Hawaii teas with me hapatite