Hua Ki

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial, Candy, Cherry, Fruity, Mango, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by submarinelight

• “This is another of the few bagged teas I own. Not only that, it's also from Lupicia, an anomaly in itself - I generally only buy greens and oolongs from them. Not because I've had a bad experience,...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “Shared a pot of this one with my sister today! (She's a mango fan.) This is one of Lupicia's more complex Hawaiian-inspired teas, with lots of different kinds of fruit. According to the...” Read full tasting note
    KatBender 111 tasting notes
  • “And Lupicia day #2 commences! This one is from *Dexter*. The black tea leaves are quite small and dark and somewhat broken, and there are crushed dried green leaves and a couple fruit pieces mixed...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 827 tasting notes
  • “evening tea with dinner! I shared this one with *variatea* and *cavocorax* and i'm glad i did. 50g would have been too much for me, while a 3 way split is perfect. I am enjoying the flavours in...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5368 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy fruits like cut mango, papaya, and pineapple flavor this tea. A refreshing aroma lingers.

Ingredients: Black tea, Cranberry, Mango cut, Papaya cut, Strawberry leaf, Blue Mallow, Flavors

About Lupicia View company

This is another of the few bagged teas I own. Not only that, it’s also from Lupicia, an anomaly in itself – I generally only buy greens and oolongs from them. Not because I’ve had a bad experience, but their blacks always come off as so very lightly scented, and I tend to go more for really full-bodied, rich black teas.

But hey, this was on sale.

In the bag(s), it smells light and fruity. In the cup, it smells light and fruity. The first taste is also very light and fruity, but the high temperature isn’t really doing it any favours – now that it’s cooled, however, it’s very smooth and light and nice. And yes; fruity.

On the one hand, I feel that Lupicia’s delicate, perfect flavourings are better suited for greens, on the other, I get a craving to fully explore their assortment of blacks, as this is so much more easily drunk than the ones I usually favour.

I’m increasingly aware of this divide in my tea preferences lately – on the one hand, there are all those lush, elegant French blends, and on the other, unassuming, fresh, gorgeous Lupicia everything.

I really love this tea company over any other.

[Purchased at Lupicia in Honolulu, December 2012.]

Shared a pot of this one with my sister today! (She’s a mango fan.) This is one of Lupicia’s more complex Hawaiian-inspired teas, with lots of different kinds of fruit. According to the ingredients, there’s mango, papaya, apple, cranberry, and pineapple in here. I can taste each one, I think, if I pay really close attention while I sip. But the overall effect is more of a general “tropical fruit” taste, sweet with just a touch of tartness. It’s well-balanced, and the tea base is on the lighter side (like many of Lupicia’s flavored black teas).

I’m glad to have this one in my cupboard! It’s a great tea to offer tropical fruit lovers. (Though my all-time favorite Lupicia Hawaiian tea is still Palekaiko… But that’s probably because I’m such a ginger fanatic.)

And Lupicia day #2 commences! This one is from Dexter. The black tea leaves are quite small and dark and somewhat broken, and there are crushed dried green leaves and a couple fruit pieces mixed in. Dry scent is extremely sweet and fruity, like sniffing a bowl of tropical fruit hard candies.

The steeped tea also smells sweet and fruity, but more specifically like mango with a touch of pineapple. This tea is definitely full of fruit flavor, and there’s something about it that make it taste like hard candies or gummies (is there cherry…?). I dunno, it’s nice but overall it’s a little too artificial tasting for me. I can see it making a very nice fruity iced tea though.

Flavors: Artificial, Candy, Cherry, Fruity, Mango, Sweet

evening tea with dinner! I shared this one with variatea and cavocorax and i’m glad i did. 50g would have been too much for me, while a 3 way split is perfect. I am enjoying the flavours in this one – it’s rightly hawaii like without that weird taste a lot of “troical” blacks seem to have. That being said, the few cups i have will be enough to satisfy my curiosity :)

(also anna, if you’re out there, i totally brewed melon oolong the other day according to the instructions…it was hard…)

This is a mild black tea. It has a fruity flavor, but the black tea is not super strong. this tea can be drank without adding any sweetener, but I am sure some of you will prefer it with a little sweetness added.

I received this in a swap from hapatite. Thank you!

This was the last of the three black Lupicia blends she sent. I have to say that this was my favorite. I also decreased the steep time quite a bit which bade the base not so in your face. It was a great tropical fruit tea. I enjoyed this both hot and cold today at work. Thanks again for sharing these special Hawaii teas with me hapatite