Hua Ki

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by submarinelight

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is another of the few bagged teas I own. Not only that, it's also from Lupicia, an anomaly in itself - I generally only buy greens and oolongs from them. Not because I've had a bad experience,...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Juicy fruits like cut mango, papaya, and pineapple flavor this tea. A refreshing aroma lingers.

Ingredients: Black tea, Cranberry, Mango cut, Papaya cut, Strawberry leaf, Blue Mallow, Flavors

About Lupicia View company

1 Tasting Note

This is another of the few bagged teas I own. Not only that, it’s also from Lupicia, an anomaly in itself – I generally only buy greens and oolongs from them. Not because I’ve had a bad experience, but their blacks always come off as so very lightly scented, and I tend to go more for really full-bodied, rich black teas.

But hey, this was on sale.

In the bag(s), it smells light and fruity. In the cup, it smells light and fruity. The first taste is also very light and fruity, but the high temperature isn’t really doing it any favours – now that it’s cooled, however, it’s very smooth and light and nice. And yes; fruity.

On the one hand, I feel that Lupicia’s delicate, perfect flavourings are better suited for greens, on the other, I get a craving to fully explore their assortment of blacks, as this is so much more easily drunk than the ones I usually favour.

I’m increasingly aware of this divide in my tea preferences lately – on the one hand, there are all those lush, elegant French blends, and on the other, unassuming, fresh, gorgeous Lupicia everything.

I really love this tea company over any other.

[Purchased at Lupicia in Honolulu, December 2012.]