RadioactiviTEA

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “This was my firestarter this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxU9zm7t8Cg I slept though my alarm so I had to reach for sumpthin' with a kick. I am really liking Assam. It's got a nice...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 345 tasting notes
  • “Ok, I'm only trying this one because of my curiousity about 52teas' blends and the generosity of *Azzrian*! It's not something I would typically pick out myself... The dry tea looks so much like...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to whoever sent me this! This is nice and malty with a nice sweet note that resembles a touch of honey in the aftertaste. There is a flavor in this tea that reminds me of fresh baked...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to The DJBooth for letting me try this one. It's not harsh like I expected. There are no added flavors and nothing fancy - just a good, strong breakfast blend. I haven't really paid...” Read full tasting note
    brandy3392 149 tasting notes

From Man Teas

Our official “Dads & Grads” blend for 2009, RadioactiviTEA is a blend of CTC Assam estate teas. The Assam region in India is known for producing hearty, malty teas.

The CTC nature of this tea makes it even more so. CTC stands for “Cut, Tear, Curl”. This is an automated method of harvesting and processing the tea which yields a product that looks more like coffee grounds or, as one of my employees once unfortunately referred to it, “fish food”. Whatever it looks like and however they arrived at it, the great thing about CTC tea is that more surface area of the tea is in contact with the water when you steep it, and it brews up particularly strong.

This is a tea that can be enjoyed hot or iced, and with a little cream and sugar, it’s almost like drinking a Bit-O-Honey candy bar. We will warn you however, we have several customers who are now hard pressed to start their day or get through the afternoon slump without a cuppa this robust blend.

About Man Teas View company

We here at Zoomdweebie’s (where we are “Nerdy About Tea”) have started this website to showcase only the manliest of teas. You won’t find any rose petal teas here, or any teas that smell like your grandmother’s air freshener. This is man tea country.

This was my firestarter this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxU9zm7t8Cg I slept though my alarm so I had to reach for sumpthin’ with a kick. I am really liking Assam. It’s got a nice boost and lovely maltiness. Not to mention Prodigy is good to pumped. I’ve started getting back into the swing of working out and hitting the gym. I hadn’t realized how inactive I have become till now. I find anytime Prodigy tickles my eardrums I work a little bit harder…a good kick in the assam if you will. The supply of this one is starting to dwindle. So I may have to reorder or explore some other CTC. This also reminds me of a song I used to play on my radio show in college by the Channel Surfers-C.T.C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWBMtPdMCI quite the groovy little bit. Ah Tea and good music slaying the Buttdragons together.

KeenTeaThyme

This reminds me of one of my favorite songs from 2011 (or 2010?) Radioactive by Kings of Leon. They are synonymous with each other, “It’s in the water/where you came from,” and I imagine this tea! ;) I haven’t had it yet…

Ok, I’m only trying this one because of my curiousity about 52teas’ blends and the generosity of Azzrian! It’s not something I would typically pick out myself…

The dry tea looks so much like coffee! I suppose that’s because it’s CTC, but it’s really odd. And consequently, requires a filter with teensy weensy holes, or alternately, a disposable filterbag, which is what I went with. There isn’t toooooo much smell to the dry tea. It smells kind of like a… black tea. And perhaps has picked up the slightest hint of Mayan Chocolate Chai in its aroma. Highly doubt it will be present in the tea though.

I’m really hoping I didn’t oversteep this one… used a level teaspoon’s worth in a regular mug, and 95C water for just over 3 minutes… and it smelled POTENT. The aroma actually reminds me strongly of Red Rose, an association I’m only making because of recently having drank some Red Rose. Had I not, I probably would have recognized it as a familiar smell and been frustrated at not being able to place it!

The flavour is definitely not as strong as I anticipated. It really just tastes like a “standard black tea”, which I would use to describe any black tea I had prior to 2012. There is some astringency, and a hint of bitterness – I probably could have used a bit less tea and dropped the infusion time to 2:30 and been a touch happier, but it’s not bad. I am not really caring for this one plain though, it’s just too boring-black-tea-like. It really does taste like a bagged tea. So, I’m sure it will be great once I add some milk and sugar, and I’ll be able to finish it off that way, but not a tea I’d purchase myself!

Thank you to whoever sent me this! This is nice and malty with a nice sweet note that resembles a touch of honey in the aftertaste. There is a flavor in this tea that reminds me of fresh baked wheat bread with a tiny bit of butter. I actually really like this! Thank you again :]

Thank you to The DJBooth for letting me try this one. It’s not harsh like I expected. There are no added flavors and nothing fancy – just a good, strong breakfast blend. I haven’t really paid attention to how much of an energy boost I get from it, but I think slightly more than your standard black tea. Once the stash in my cupboard goes down, I might need to get more of this. Prepared with milk and stevia.

I once dropped in for a cup of this tea when running on no sleep for 24 hrs straight. It did the trick quite well indeed. Sometimes I cannot handle coffee as it does not sit well with me when I am not feeling all that great. This tea leaves one feeling energized but not jittery.

Rough all the way down, but just what I need when i want to defy the morning! Dirty and malty…one hand’s holding my mug, the other hand’s flicking off the chippy office. I don’t want to face Monday, but RadioactiviTEA helps.

A great breakfast tea that packs a punch. This tea brews up darker than most other black teas in just the first few seconds of steeping. This is CTC style tea, which means that the leaves look more like coffee grinds than tea.

Unbrewed tea smells somewhat like licorice, while brewed it tastes just like an incredibly strong black tea.

A great substitute for coffee. Using 1 tsp per 6 oz, I prepared it three ways: plain, with rock sugar and milk, and with flavored coffee creamer. Same with coffee, I love it black or with cream, sweetened or not. Re-steeped with boiling water for 3 mins, flavor was still strong but a tad bit milder. I should have tried increasing the steep time. Next time…

Bonnie

I think that an important part of learning about tea is trying several ways to drink it. Plain, sweetened, with milk or cream and so on. This road of discovery reveals the hidden wonders in some tea’s. A plain black tea or puerh can become pastry or caramel with additions, but a thin tea can be limp with milk.
What I’m trying to say is…keep doing what your doing. Your palate will benefit.

Malty and a great morning wakeup tea!

Love this tea with a touch of Mintastic by Adagio, helps that I can sip my tea and look at Kevin’s pic at the same time – it’s a beautiful morning…