French Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike317

• “Another breakfast tea from this morning. While this one is malty and has a slight chocolate note to it, it's not as sweet as american breakfast and comes across as a little bolder and stronger. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4939 tasting notes
  • “Time for French Breakfast! I'm not really good at actual breakfast - I had a danish, and a medium double-double from Tim Hortons. Sugar, yes? So I don't need any additives to this. Just pure...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1696 tasting notes
  • “I've been drinking this at breakfast the last few mornings, as I'm off work and able to relax and enjoy myself a bit. The scent of the dry leaves is just amazing -- if I didn't know better, I'd...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 987 tasting notes
  • “Oh my goodness, this tea is delicious. I regularly drink Irish Breakfast tea, and this is a match for that tea in terms of strength, but has a sort of chocolately taste to it underneath that is...” Read full tasting note
    magerber 10 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

This perfect marriage of great and elegant black teas produces a rounded taste of malt and chocolate.
Its highly developed flavour is both powerful and refined.
A felicitous blend in the best tradition of the French art of Tea.
With or without milk, perfect with a continental breakfast.

About Mariage Frères View company

Another breakfast tea from this morning. While this one is malty and has a slight chocolate note to it, it’s not as sweet as american breakfast and comes across as a little bolder and stronger. Still a delicious tea that I can get behind having in my cupboard! This is my kick in the pants in the morning tea, while american breakfast is an easier, gentle push out of bed :)

Lala

I am surprised, I would have expected the American breakfast to be a bold, sharp tea as compared to the French breakfast.

Ysaurella

this one goes in my shopping list for sure

Lala it’s a good solid cup, but American breakfast has a sweeter side – more chocolatey

cteresa

I was quite in love with american and french breakfast, they seemed the total winners of the world breakfast stand (and sultane as well. Paris Breakfast which sounded most interesting of all was a dud to my nose).

Terri HarpLady

I usually need a kick in the pants breakfast tea, but occasionally I make something gentle, go back to bed, & sip in the sweet silence that is my bedroom.

Time for French Breakfast!
I’m not really good at actual breakfast – I had a danish, and a medium double-double from Tim Hortons. Sugar, yes?

So I don’t need any additives to this. Just pure black tea.

Yvonne

Tim Hortons is the breakfast of champions :)

OMGsrsly

I used to do that kind of thing all the time. On campus, there are often leftover donuts and cookies from meetings! The last breakfast thing we had, I stole a tray of strawberries because they were the only thing I could eat. I got some funny looks. :)

Cavocorax

It is! I can’t believe how long Tim Hortons has been a staple for me. A very unhealthy staple.

Man, I remmeber that they were THE LAST COMPANY to embrace debit machines. OMG YOU GUYS. #shakesfist

gross.

Cavocorax

Are you anti-coffee or anti-Tim Hortons?
Or anti-danish?

anti tim horton’s. SOOOOOO much sugar in everything they make…including the water. ;)

keychange

Sugar=tasty deliciousness mmm!

I’ve been drinking this at breakfast the last few mornings, as I’m off work and able to relax and enjoy myself a bit. The scent of the dry leaves is just amazing — if I didn’t know better, I’d have mistaken it for cocoa powder. It’s intensely chocolatey, with drier notes of cacao and the sweetly malty typical “black tea” scent running underneath. Brewed, this is just as amazing. The chocolate carries through into the flavour really well, adding a bittersweet touch to what is otherwise a sweet, deeply rich cup. Very satisfying, and very indulgent. If this is what mornings can taste like, I’ll be looking forward to them from now on! Amazing.

Oh my goodness, this tea is delicious. I regularly drink Irish Breakfast tea, and this is a match for that tea in terms of strength, but has a sort of chocolately taste to it underneath that is just delicious.

It looks like there are 2 listings for this tea, one as French Breakfast, & one as French Breakfast Tea. Se la Vie… (I don’t speak french, so I probably spelled that wrong).

This is an offering from Sil in the BBBB. I feel as if I’m drinking a croissant glazed with dark chocolate, & there is even a slight coffee bitterness to it, & it is wonderful with breakfast: Asparagus, poached eggs, & crispy lardons, sprinkled with dill, chives, dried shallots, white pepper, & pink Himalayan salt). There is just enough of this for one more cup, so it goes into the sipdown box, for some future extravaganza. Unless somebody would like to sample it?

I was going to head out into the garden for an hour, but suddenly we’re having a spring storm, which is fine with me. I love storms & I can garden tomorrow!

caile

Sounds like a delicious breakfast!

sooo nommy

Stephanie

I love asparagus and eggs!

As others have stated- aroma is rich and amazing – reminiscent of cocoa and yet this tea is not flavored. It is excellent with or without milk. I steep for 4 minutes.